Author Topic: Thermomix-er, Tenina or anyone who knows  (Read 9706 times)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Thermomix-er, Tenina or anyone who knows
« on: October 06, 2008, 05:46:27 am »
what are the 'rules' (ie: legally) about posting recipes from the TMX recipe books online? i haven't posted any yet, but sometimes i want to, knowing that people in other countries won't have those recipes in their own books.

does anyone know?
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Thermomix-er, Tenina or anyone who knows
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 06:04:34 am »
They are Copyright - so contact TMX HQ first, if it is from the Everyday cooking, and explain what you are doing - advertising their product essentially.

You are not doing it to financially gain.

Don't think you would have problems posting a few recipes.  Copying them digitally might cause some problems, especially if you do the whole book!!

The Varoma recipes that I have adapted/translated are readily available on Spanish and Italian sites, so I fly by the seat of my pants possibly, but they are not direct copies of the Full Steam Ahead book - as I don't have it.

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 09:41:03 am »
i figure if i've adapted the recipe a bit then it's ok to post but not straight out of the book. i do know that with copyright for photocopying for example, you can photocopy a small percentage of a book and distribute it for educational purposes without infringing copyright.

you've reminded me i should go check out their site again, i foget what recipes they have on it!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 12:04:58 am »
what are the 'rules' (ie: legally) about posting recipes from the TMX recipe books online? i haven't posted any yet, but sometimes i want to, knowing that people in other countries won't have those recipes in their own books.

does anyone know?

Hi Karen,
My understanding of Copyrights and recipes is as follows -
No-one can copyright a list of ingredients and a simple method, but if there is any form of creative expression in the recipe method, then that is covered under copyright.  However, if you want to post the recipe if you simply rephrase the method you would be covered.  In general, it is polite to acknowledge ones source (as I'm sure you would), but aside from that it's all ok! :)
Cheers,  Amanda.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 12:33:23 am »
Hi. We will allow official TMX recipes here. If we get problems from Vorwerk, then I will just take the recipes out. If you want to change them slightly, even better.

Thanks for bringing up the subject

Admin