Author Topic: TM5  (Read 273842 times)

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2014, 10:54:23 am »
You have ordered one Gert. That speaks for itself.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2014, 11:10:54 am »
Ya gotta love a new toy. My DD will no doubt be ordering one as well. It will really help,her as she loves a recipe and follows it exactly.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2014, 11:45:05 am »
Anyone else at the demo interested Gert?  Were the demo recipes does from that chip thing?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2014, 12:10:00 pm »
Glad you like the TM5 Gert.It sounds as though you had a great demo ;) :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2014, 01:18:19 pm »
Can't wait to read your review Gert
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2014, 09:30:17 pm »
Sue since I didn't t really get a play with it, I can't say a lot.  But the demo was slick.

Started with  fruity dream. Blitzed some sugar. Less than the recipe, added about  500 or more gms of frozen raspberries and blitzed. Added egg white and blitzed . Then the unbelievable butterfly went In with a wee but of water added to,get  the frozen mass started and honestly it blitzed into a creamy mouse like texture. It was delicious. The butterfly is outstanding and is interchangeable with the TMX31. I would buy it when it becomes available.

Then a dip with Philly, with herbs  and garlic. Some of this was reserved.

Then we made the 1234 bread mix  which was divided into two. Half was made into a pizza using oiled hands the other wrapped in the thermomat to rise. Blitzed a bunch of home grown herbs and garlic in the jug and I have to tell you they were perfectly done which makes be think my blades must be a bit blunt. This was spread on to the pizza and in the oven.

Without cleaning the jug  in went  the fixings for the sweet potato and leek soup and blitzed. In the Varoma top went more veggies than I thought would fit. Into the bottom went  6 pieces of  salmon on some wet paper. Next to that went 3 slices of chicken breast . All together 20 minutes on 120 and perfectly. Into the the THERMOSERVERS went the veg, fish and chicken while we ate the soup.

Some of the soup was retained and mustard and whatever was the recipe which is on the chip I am sure went into the jug without washing it!
This was the sauce for the fish and chicken and was really deliscious .

All in all a slick presentation using all the functions  with minimum of fuss. All the while the consultant was  giving the drum and answering questions.

Then came the custard which was the auto thing and one of my ladies who was definitely not interested got up and followed the screen prompts to make the custard which took 8 minutes to cook. It was thick and really good but we made her use less sugar and cornflour than called for. She was a little doubtful about altering the  instructions but 'got it' and the custard was perfect for the apple tea cake I had made earlier. I am pretty sure she will be buying one.

So you can of course override the recipe with the auto thing but it is amazing that you just chuck it in , turn the dial and it sets the whole thing in motion.

The chip is a real bonus for someone who sometimes forgets a step. As the screen tells you exactly what to do.

I think these are great Innovations and there will no doubt be advancements in that area.

Longer blades, a bigger jug , the locking lid  I really like  and the MC with lip and collar  it did not dance while kneading but it looked like it wanted to.

The seal cannot be removed but just rinses . I would not put the lid in the dishwasher  but it can be.

I believe that the locking lid, the guided chip cooking will mean this machine is more family and user friendly . Young children who can read will be able to use it with supervision. Re blades and heat but teenagers will go wild for it. I really believe my DH who has never touched it will be able to follow a recipe and when mine arrives I will be asking him to give it a go. This will be a major test.

Do  I need all the new features? No I don't. The TMX31 is still an awesome machine  but the TM5 is highly desirable and if I had a family I would not hesitate to buy it.  It is really user friendly for everyone.  I think a newbie who has never cooked in their life will become a MasterChef in no time with this machine.

Sure there are still the same old blando recipes but a lot of new one . Everything in the book is on the chip which makes it soooooo easy and you can tweak away.

Gert
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:08:23 pm by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2014, 10:29:46 pm »
Great review Gert, thanks for getting to it early before your busy day starts.   

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2014, 10:41:28 pm »
Fantastic review Gert, I really enjoyed reading it.  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2014, 10:51:00 pm »
Thanks for a great review Gert, it obviously gets the thumbs up from you.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline lonnie

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2014, 11:14:17 pm »
Great to see your review Gert - I'm really looking forward to seeing the TM5 in action in a week (and playing with it myself!)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2014, 11:34:11 pm »
Great review Gert, mine is on the way.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2014, 12:05:34 am »
Very well written review, Gert. They must have sent the very best demonstrator to you 😆

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2014, 12:14:42 am »
Love the review Gert - tho I wish I hadn't read it cuz now I am getting tempted again... :-))
But I have 2 TM31s, 3 bowl & blade sets (1 extra to the machines) so definately don't neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed a TM5  :D
:D

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2014, 12:39:24 am »
Thanks Gert, a seasoned pro like yourself recommending the TM5  makes me feel happier with my purchase.  It's a shame there is such a delay ( although understandable with the demand)  as I have had the old TM31 nervousness.
Denise

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2014, 12:39:40 am »
Astarra...... h o w e v e r !!! ;D  ;D