Author Topic: Newsflash  (Read 18361 times)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: Newsflash
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2012, 01:02:46 am »
Awwwwwwww - he is so sweet!!!!  :-* 
Congratulations again, thanx for sharing the pic!!!

As for staying in hosp... #1 was 4 days, #2 was about 36hrs, #3 was... 6hrs!!! (They seriously kicked me out this time tho, she was born 3:15am, got to ward 6am, 7am they came and asked when I was going home.  :o )
:D

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2012, 02:01:39 am »
6hours  :o with # 3 i begged if i could  stay 7 days  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2012, 02:13:02 am »
Luxury in my day - I think I stayed a week  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2012, 03:20:40 am »
My mum said when we were born she stayed in hospital for 10 days, the nurses took the babies away over night and feed them boiled water if they woke. By the time mum went home all us children slept through the night.
Now that is service for you lol.
When my first 3 were born someone carried them down to the car and placed them in the car seat for you, and made sure the car seat was fitted correctly. But now they just send you on your way on your own.
I was never asked to leave the hospital early with any of mine. I just chose to leave when I felt ready.
With my last baby born 5 weeks early I had to leave the maternity ward after 2 days and placed in a boarding mothers ward where I was closer to the neonatal ward. But i had to fend for myself as the hospital stopped feeding me, so many times I missed out as the cafeteria was closed after I had finished feeding bub.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

jakodai

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2012, 05:24:57 am »
With my last baby born 5 weeks early I had to leave the maternity ward after 2 days and placed in a boarding mothers ward where I was closer to the neonatal ward. But i had to fend for myself as the hospital stopped feeding me, so many times I missed out as the cafeteria was closed after I had finished feeding bub.
That's a tad harsh, isn't it? When my son was hospitalised last year with pneumonia I stayed with him, the breastfeeding mothers were fed by the hospital. I wasn't breastfeeding by that time, so I had to fend for myself and rely on the incredibly bad cafeteria food, but I thought it was nice that the breastfeeding mothers got fed.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2012, 05:40:23 am »
Yes I thought it was harsh. As I wasn't the only mother that missed out on the evening meal because the cafeteria closed to early. We either had to eat a really early dinner or miss out. We could of brought sandwiches and cold stuff to eat later. But when you have just had a baby and are breast feeding sometimes you want a good hearty hot meal.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2012, 05:40:29 am »
Wonderful news CC, he is such a cutie! I bet you're still on cloud 9 😄
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2012, 05:44:01 am »
My little God granddaughter was born this morning after a long labour. Both mum and bub are doing well though I have been told.
Don't you just love new babies :D

mcmich

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2012, 07:39:00 am »
Good to hear all the bubs have arrived safely.
Really, whether you have had a baby or an operation you are better off at home. The longer you stay in hospital the higher risk of hospital acquired infections.

Offline bickie

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2012, 07:40:57 am »
Congrats Dede, a godmother daughter relationship is so lovely. In UK you're out the door pretty much as soon as possible. I don't think I was ever there longer than 12 hours . But the midwives come and visit you in your home for the next week.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2012, 07:49:17 am »
Good to hear all the bubs have arrived safely.
Really, whether you have had a baby or an operation you are better off at home. The longer you stay in hospital the higher risk of hospital acquired infections.

I am glad you said it mcmich.  I do however think a Caesar deserves a couple of days rest before the boot but they are both much safer at home.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2012, 11:25:25 am »
I work in the private system - minimum 5 days for a vag birth and 7 days for a ceasar.

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2012, 11:47:02 am »
Congratulations to all CC. A new baby in the family is great news and he's such a cutie :)

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2012, 12:54:07 pm »
Congratulations CC he looks so gorgeous!!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2012, 01:53:10 am »
Congratulations CC for having a new grandson to love and be proud of. (You certainly are very good at keeping secrets, I think I would have spilled the beans on that one long ago)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand