Author Topic: Unbelieveable thermomix deal for $699. Is this legit?  (Read 54339 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: Unbelieveable thermomix deal for $699. Is this legit?
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2012, 04:52:50 pm »
free speech works both ways right..tenina never commented on your post and never read it....there was enough going on here but think it was alot more about the dodgy deal than it being just an appliance..no worries with you though..love ya and your recipes  :) :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline salval

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2012, 03:12:19 am »
I haven't read the whole thread, but parts have been really disappointing..

As a consultant, it makes me really angry that so many people get no support, after sales care & general assistance that is supposed to be part & parcel!! That's one of the things we promote - great after sales care  >:(

If any of my customers thought that about me, I'd be gutted as I try very hard to stay in contact & offer as much support as I can.

As for the deal, I was suss, but I'm skeptic by nature.. I don't know if it was dodgy or not, but it's the old "if it sounds too good to be true... scenario I reckon & it just didn't ring true for me..

Karen
Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2012, 12:01:58 am »
Reading on a different forum it seems this and the $999 deal have been pulled
copied from the other forum: I phoned Cost Deal and they explained that they have not been able to negotiate with the company to buy the thermomix and sell to us at such a reasonable price. They were lovely and said that they would be continuing to talk with the company in Germany but at this stage there is no certainty in us buying the thermomix at $999. My money has already been returned to me via pay pal, so all is safe and done.

I suppose this will continue to happen but think of the exposure that this online company got from something that they didn't have to sell!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2012, 12:45:56 am »
Deeau to you remember the photo that was used in the ad?  If  you "google" Thermomix in various ways such as Thermomix buy or Thermomix  sale then choose images you will find  that very same photo with the very same blurb  on many sites purporting to sell the Thermomix at prices as low as $499.

Also just for fun "google" Thermomix and then images and you will be amazed at who and what photos turn up. When you touch or click on the image you can see where they came from. You might just see an image you may have posted years ago.

Once it is on the Internet absolutely everything is available to everyone else no exceptions.  I once came across a photo of me when a child that someone else put up on the web some years ago.

Of  course, if you start that caper you can write the day off.

Gert loving her iPad
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2012, 12:52:43 am »
I don't understand how they thought they would be able to just 'buy them', obviously no forethought went in to that promotion.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2012, 01:08:23 am »
Here are just two images I found in 30 seconds.

This one not so clear.  Same image different sites.

I think I have found this image on more than 20 sites. I have stopped counting.

It pays to do a wee bit of research when you think something may be a scam. Not saying you can't get lucky but  Vorwerk has the distribution pretty much sewn up. I say if you want a cheaper Thermomix then head up to Malaysia or  to Indonesia. Order it for a pickup directly from the distributors.  Only works out cheaper if you are going on a holiday though. Any one for Bali?

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Soph77

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2012, 06:04:09 am »
All my friends who purchased this deal via PayPal have all just received full refunds without any other notification. So looks like it was dodgy. Thankfully they are not out of pocket.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2012, 06:18:04 am »
What I can't work out about this is how the company could advertise the item before securing the machines  ??? ??? ???

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2012, 07:45:21 am »
It's good to hear people are at least getting their money back . . . maybe not a total scam after all but perhaps just a bad idea with no, or very little, homework done beforehand . . . .

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2012, 07:53:54 am »
I don't think it can be classified a scam if everyone gets 100% of their money returned.

I just think that maybe they thought they could deliver something which turned out not to be. Sad really for those who wanted a TM and could budget on $1000.
Kylie

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2012, 11:35:10 am »
Here is yet another web site with the same stuff and pic.

Gert

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2012, 11:38:49 am »
I still think it is a scam if they accept your money knowing full well they don't have the product to sell. They a) shoudn't have offered it to sell in the first place if they didn't have any machines available and b) not taken any money from anyone secondary to a), even if they have provided full refunds. Shameful business practice-what were they thinking, or not???
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2012, 12:23:31 pm »
Welcome to the world of Internet shopping.

Gert.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2012, 12:32:38 pm »
I still think it is a scam if they accept your money knowing full well they don't have the product to sell. They a) shoudn't have offered it to sell in the first place if they didn't have any machines available and b) not taken any money from anyone secondary to a), even if they have provided full refunds. Shameful business practice-what were they thinking, or not???
I agree Merlin.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand