Author Topic: Boston Cheesecake (wıth photo)  (Read 4444 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
Boston Cheesecake (wıth photo)
« on: June 22, 2010, 04:03:05 pm »
Another cheese cake recipe or cheese & cake lovers  :)

I hope you like it

Boston Cheesecake

Ingredients:

For base:
75g margarine or butter at room temperature
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
150g sugar
230g flour
10g baking powder

For cheese mixture:
150g sugar
2 eggs
30g flour
470g philadelphia
150g milk
5g vanillin sugar

Preparation:

* Put all ingredients for the base in TM Bowl and knead for 30 seconds
    * Cover cake tin with wax paper and spread the base with your hands i(it should cover also the sides of the tin)

* To prepare cheese mixture insert butterfly. Put eggs and sugar in the TM Bowl. Mix for 1 minute on Speed 3
    * Add flour and cheese. Mix for 2 minutes on Speed 4. (While mixing add also milk and vanillin throught the hole of TM lid)

* Bake it in the preheated oven at 160° for 40 minutes
    * Let it cool down in the oven
    * Let it cool in the fridge at least 5-6 hours (it's surely much better if you prepared the day before)

Enjoy!

Photo: http://thermomixtarifdefterim.blogspot.com/2009/12/boston-cheesecake_22.html  http://www.cookaround.com/yabbse1/showthread.php?t=20575

Note: I used 28cm diameter tin, in original recipe it is 22cm

members' comments

JD -  I thought I would try the recipe using 250 g cream cheese.  It made a huge quantity in a 25cm pie dish but the colour looks nothing like yours.  Yours is so yellow whereas mine looks like, well I don't really know what.  I did put dobs of Macadamia nutella on top then drew a skewer through to make a pattern which sort of shows up on the photo. I had a piece tonight and it is very nice farfallina.  I will get some cream tomorrow to serve with it though as the base is a little dry.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Cheesecake (wıth photo)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:23:39 am »
Hi farfallina. I made this today because my Mum gave me a 250g carton of cream cheese.  I thought I would try the recipe using this smaller amount.  It made a huge quantity in a 25cm pie dish but the colour looks nothing like yours.  Yours is so yellow whereas mine looks like, well I don't really know what.  I did put dobs of Macadamia nutella on top then drew a skewer through to make a pattern which sort of shows up on the photo.  It is now in the fridge for its cooling down period so I will not be having a piece for quite a few hours.  Will get back to you and let you know how the texture and taste is once I have tried it. So far though, I am quite happy with it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:31:58 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 10:28:45 am »

Hi JD
This was one of the first recipes that I had put in my blog. The picture quality is not so high. It won't be that yellow! I didn't set the light right I guess. My mistake!

I made this cake for several times. While baking it turns a little yellow even if not that much in the photo!

When you place the base in the cake tin you don't cover only the bottom but also the sides of your cake tin. And then you pour cheese mixture. During baking the base widens a little towards the center. You don't have to do anything additional for the shape.

I hope you like the taste when you eat :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 01:50:35 pm »
Looks like my filling took over my base ;D ;D  I  hate to think where it would have ended up if I had used the full quantity of cream cheese.  I had a piece tonight and it is very nice farfallina.  I will get some cream tomorrow to serve with it though as the base is a little dry.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 02:39:59 pm »

It looks very nice JD. The color is just perfect
Base shouldn't be dry after resting in the fridge
I believe tomorrow it will taste better than today
Keep one slice also for me! :)
We are on diet these days so no cakes nor cheese!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 08:18:10 am »
Good work girls - they both look great.  another triumph while I've been busy away from the computer.  :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.