Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 4020 times)

Offline gill and jason

• View Profile
Introduction
« on: March 16, 2012, 03:23:11 pm »
Well after deliberating for 12 months or more i finally got my thermomix about 6 weeks ago, and initially I was totally gutted when a friend asked me if I'd seen the target catalogue. But after reading every post on here, I feel that my thermomix will still sit proudly on my benchtop and will hopefully still be there when the Bellini's are long gone! I hope everyone that does buy the Bellini gets as much out of it as i've been getting from my thermomix. And as posted on here by LeeJ: I'd still take my Porsche over the Hyundai any day!! Thanks for all the posts, it was my first real visit to the forum, and really worth it. I feel like it's one big happy family!! 

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 04:08:43 pm »
Well after deliberating for 12 months or more i finally got my thermomix about 6 weeks ago, and initially I was totally gutted when a friend asked me if I'd seen the target catalogue. But after reading every post on here, I feel that my thermomix will still sit proudly on my benchtop and will hopefully still be there when the Bellini's are long gone! I hope everyone that does buy the Bellini gets as much out of it as i've been getting from my thermomix. And as posted on here by LeeJ: I'd still take my Porsche over the Hyundai any day!! Thanks for all the posts, it was my first real visit to the forum, and really worth it. I feel like it's one big happy family!! 

Welcome to the forum gill and jason. You certainly won't regret buying your TM and will have many happy cooking hours with it :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
Introduction
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 05:13:04 pm »
Welcome Gill and Jason -- Yes, this forum is one of the best things about Thermomix. It's full of people who are full of info and generous with sharing it. They are a most supportive bunch of like-minded cooks. I say "like-minded" because we all value making better food at home (whatever 'better' means to each of us) and we all value the time and effort Thermomix saves us in doing so.

Forum members are here for the long haul, as is the Thermomix, as is the company (Vorwerk) that makes it. These are all people who care enough about the culinary experience to invest in it with serious hard-earned dollars. Also, they invest by spending time using and contributing to this forum. This in itself speaks volumes. You can not do better than this forum and I am so glad you have found it, and the Thermomix.

:-*  ;)
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:27:04 pm »
Welcome to the forum Gill & Jason - you will not regret buying your TMX one little bit.  Enjoy your time on here, it is such a great place to hang out and you will learn so much (not just about the TMX).

PS  I moved your posting from the Bellini thread so that you would have your own thread where everyone could welcome you to the forum.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 01:34:45 am »
Welcome to the forum Gill & Jason.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 06:17:33 am »
Hi Gill and Jason, you won't regret your purchase, keep us posted if you create some thing really yummy, or if you have any problems .  Enjoy...

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 06:36:22 am »
Welcome to the forum Gill and Jason, I bet your glad you brought a TM now (I know I am)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 06:50:59 am »
Hi Gill and Jason
Enjoy your TM and the forum.
The only problem with this forum is that I find I spend so much time here,  I don't get the cooking done. :D
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 07:30:24 am »
Welcome Gill and Jason. With a Thermomix and this forum you won't need anything else to do, except perhaps a little shopping and eating.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 01:43:40 pm »
Welcome gill and jason.. You will not only love your thx but also this forum... Best bunch of people from all around the globe even if alot of them are down under lol
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 04:34:16 am »
Hi Gill and Jason

Welcome to the forum.

In a short time cooking in the TM will become even more enjoyable for you. In fact you will be looking for things to try and with every good outcome you would want to do more.

I had my TM for 2 and a half years and still is a real joy to cook and more impotantly try new recipes from the books and the forum. Everyone is very welcoming here and happy to help with whatever comes up.

Desi :)

mcmich

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 05:10:53 am »
Hello and welcome to the forum Gill and Jason.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 09:54:23 am »
Welcome to the forum.