Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 198228 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #240 on: March 17, 2012, 08:54:04 am »
I read that Frozzie about the person selling their TM. No way in the world would I sell my car for a push bike. That's just crazy
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 17, 2012, 09:09:10 am »
Somehow i think she will regret it given all the burnt dishes occuring!!  Pity her thx was never being used either with mainly used for baby food and custard????

Each to their own but i have never regretted owning a thermomix and im forever amazed at what Else he can make.. Seems endless possibilities..

What would concern me is it has been banned in germany and there is question around the danger of materials used... Think tc will do well out of this as those not wanting yo or unable to invest in a thx will opt for the tc or even better a second hand thx.   At least no burning spots and it can make bread etc.. It depends also what you expect the machine to do.. If its to replace a blender then fine but for those who assume that it is the same as a thx then its those people who will be very disappointed.. If you read the beginning of that thread they are all excited that this new machine is just like a thx lol... Urrmmm no.. Then slowly realise its not.  Bit scary the blocked blades and the max speed 3 on heat ??? I would be curious to hear if other are having the same issues??
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2012, 09:31:29 am »
Yes, despite the statements that they didn't expect it to be as good as a Thermomix, that's pretty much what they were saying on bubhub at the start of the conversation-defensive much?! Those poor thermomix supporters are not being given much courtesy  >:( And despite what the pro-bellini team seem to suggest, we are not all rolling around in money. Many owners have saved for a long time to get one and view it as a lifelong purchase. We are a one income family but prioritised buying one over a holiday/daily cups of coffee/dinner out etc. What a throw away society we have become  :-\. And as good as a thermie is, would I be happy to buy one with no recipe book or instructions-no way! That's the worst part of it all in my eyes.
Clare from Adelaide, mum of 3 littlies :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 17, 2012, 10:08:16 am »
Yes i saw thermalicious commented..i wouldnt bother as they have their minds made up about a machine they dont seem to know much about except the price.. Not worth entering into it.. They will eventually understand..

I think anyone can afford it that way.. Save up etc.. So many have commented on here about reduction in shopping bills not to mention making everything or most from scratch so know what your family is esting not to mention time saver and i could go on but thats preaching to the choir
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #244 on: March 17, 2012, 10:41:57 am »
As you know we are a big family of 7, with one main income and buying a TM was not an easy thing to do. But after 14 months of having my TM I can confidently say that we have already saved more than $2000 of savings from buying pre made foods and take aways.

I am so happy that I did take that step to buy a TM, and have never even once regretted the purchase.

I do wish the TM was a bit cheaper for more people to benefit though.

And I am sad for those who have purchased the Bellini and are disappointed in what it can and cannot do.
Maybe the problems that people are having can be worked out with some tweaking (I hope so anyway)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #245 on: March 17, 2012, 11:11:10 am »
So many have commented on here about reduction in shopping bills not to mention making everything or most from scratch so know what your family is esting not to mention time saver and i could go on but thats preaching to the choir

I love it when you preach to the choir, Frozzie.  I learn so much.  ;)
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 17, 2012, 11:20:53 am »
Anther who thought about a thermomix for quite a while. I am one, if I get something, and don't love it, will move it on. The thermomix has stayed. And there is no denying you would get a good return on the resale, but there is no way I could sell my precious!

And I'm not even using it to it's full potential, I look foward to when the kids are a bit older and experimenting more!

I agree, if you don't like cooking, I can't imagine why you would buy a thermomix?!

Offline kathleenm

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 17, 2012, 11:39:26 am »
if u hate cooking thermi is perfect cos u just put the stuff in and walk away dont have to think about it. but then again everyone is diffrent in there style and liking of cooking.

i cant believe someone who already had the TM would sell it for lesser product. she had the best and now has the w..... umm the not so best ......  :P

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 17, 2012, 11:47:40 am »
I ABSOLUTELY hated cooking and COULDN'T cook before TMX ... so yes it still does suit you even if you have totally zero interest in the kitchen  ;D.

It is the best thing to enter my kitchen and when my family look at what I cook now and the knowledge I have gained (mainly from this forum) we are all amazed!!  :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:06:38 pm by faffa_70 »
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #249 on: March 17, 2012, 11:53:50 am »
You say it so well, Faffa.  SNAP! 
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 17, 2012, 01:05:42 pm »
without a doubt the TM has changed my families lives. We thought we ate healthily before, but we have certainly improved on that concept and the good thing also is my kids have loved the food we eat, and we have had a lot of fun and taste testing along the way. I am not going to write off the Bellini for a couple of weekend dishes tho when I head down south until I have tried a few things. It seems from reviews there is a problem with heat - like the TC, so I will tone it down and see how it goes. I haven't switched it on since the error message, so I do hope it goes on ha ha. I am not even going to look in the Bellini recipe book cos I have the F&E and lots of TM recipes at my fingertips to try. (Today I could have probably tried the B, but I just wanted to do things in the TM for ease sake. I have plenty of time to return it if its not doing the job its meant to).
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #251 on: March 17, 2012, 10:25:04 pm »
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet or not. (If so, moderators can feel free to delete this message) ...

Anyway, I just spotted Grace in this little video which is dated March 15th. Interesting timing to get Thermomix featured at The Australian, don't you think? Almost looks like a reaction to the Bellini being 'in the news' around these parts  ;)
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 17, 2012, 10:57:28 pm »
I am shocked that someone would sell their TM & purchase the fake.  :o ??? :o

I can understand people buying the fake due to price, bit it does doubd like its a waste of money.

I think we would have clawed back our $1939 investment within the yeat. 1st year Anniversary coming up this month.

When I Menu plan the food bill is down by  $100 each week. Bread is a huge saving, $1.50 to make as opposed to anything from $3-$6.

Being on this forum has encoraged me to buy in bulk.

We eat yummy food without presevatives, I know what  goes into our food.

Wouldnt be without one, I woukd love another TM.

German engineering, what can I say. My car is vw, miele oven & dishwasher, our ducted vacum system is german.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 18, 2012, 03:17:42 am »
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet or not. (If so, moderators can feel free to delete this message) ...

Anyway, I just spotted Grace in this little video which is dated March 15th. Interesting timing to get Thermomix featured at The Australian, don't you think? Almost looks like a reaction to the Bellini being 'in the news' around these parts  ;)

Yumm  That beetroot salad looks so good.  And much easier and less mess  than chopping like I have been doing
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 18, 2012, 03:26:59 am »
Hmmm, just read of another 3 with identical scorched jugs....one was cooking risotto and veggie concentrate......her blog here http://myintelliexperiment.wordpress.com/
One girl on the h.b. forum said her spatula melted on the edges after stirring   :o ......target will be busy tomorrow I'm guessing  :P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:34:14 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!