Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 198266 times)

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2012, 08:27:46 am »
Well I'm kind of encouraged today.  My daughter in law texted me that she made her own chicken nuggets today with "the new machine".  Made her own chicken mince etc.  she said it wasnt as easy as opening a frozen packet and heating in the oven but that she knows exactly what's in them and they were tasty. That made me happy. Then my daughter (with the 6 children) said she was going to have a go at making bread either tonight or tomorrow.  I hate the thought of them eating crap bread so that made me happy too :)
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2012, 08:43:01 am »
yay good one jude - sounds very promising indeed  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Buttercups

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2012, 09:02:33 am »
I do hope that the people who buy them can make the most of them, it sounds like they are a great option for people who can't afford the whole thermomix.

I was talking to my DH about it and it's a lot like someone buying a cheaper android tablet you can do a lot with one as opposed to someone buying the top of the range ipad.  They both satisfy a need at the time.

Has anyone been able to look at the jug on the knock-off and see if it fits the Thermomix?  I'd love for another jug for Pierre  :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2012, 09:08:43 am »
Good to hear cp and jude.. I hope it works out even if it only lasts a year or so... Hoping your dd has better luck with bread than cp... I guess though you cant expect much from it given the price tag..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2012, 09:17:54 am »

I  have to say though that not everything made is China is crap. Take for instance,  the iPad a beautiful well made and expensive product.   The integrity of the company is the important thing .

Gert 

Apple have a pretty bad reputation for their treatment of the workers in the Chinese plants that make the I- products.
http://sumofus.org/campaigns/apple-message/?sub=taf

Oh I agree Rosie B I would venture a guess that the factories that make things for Apple may be slightly better than the factories that are churning out Bellini products though. Maybe not but I hope so.  Have you see the VDO on  superkitchenmachine.com re the Vorwerk factory in France? That place seems ok to me. Maybe Frozzie can get a tour? That would be interesting.

Trust me french factory workers are not mistreated.. They take work hours, pay and retirement very seriously and are hardly overworked so have no worries there.they are however forever on strike and asking for more money etc..not necessarily the vorwerk factory but workers in general of this kind.. I should see if its possible to check out the site..😊
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2012, 09:44:27 am »
the bellini jug is unlikely to work in the thermo even if it fits as of course TM has its superior induction cooking, special motor and special blades, cant see just being able to plop a bellini jug in and expect it to work with all that technology ;)

mcmich

« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2012, 10:02:01 am »
This is one of the reasons why we buy TMX's  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I have purchased a second hand thermomix 21 online for my weekender.
Yep, could have got a bellini  ( and did consider this ) a lot cheaper, although after veiwing faffa's comment I purchased a
16yr old thermomix and I know it will stand the test of time.

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2012, 11:17:29 am »
My biggest concern would be the blades staying sharp, a lot of these cheap machines have inferior parts.

It's a shame it's such a blatant rip off, I've had quite a few girlfriends smuggly say 'oh, did you targets catalogue?!', ahem, yep, and I'd still take my Porche over the Hyundai any day ;)

I'd love to hear more from those who have purchased one!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2012, 07:38:14 pm »
Lovely to hear  from you . You must be busy with those wee brushes and such. Isn't it great that so many lurkers are joining in and with this most interesting topic. Who would think the humble pancake create such a fuss.  😄😄😄

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2012, 11:09:17 pm »
Great to see so many reply's on this.
Can't wait till next week, after people have cooked in the bellinis.

Michelle, I bought my Mum a secondhand Thermomix 21 last year too.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2012, 11:54:44 pm »
Found this interesting thread re the new Bellini.  So far mixed success.  The machine seems to burn the bottom of the bowl.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?449850-Bellini-multi-function-kitchen-machine

Interesting reading

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2012, 12:31:00 am »
Interesting reading keiramax.
I loved reading the excititement and hype of this machine.....then graduating down to doubts and disappointment.....oh well, there is a reason why it's so cheap.
We seemed to be mocked on a few places, apparently we don't realise appliances will be copied and reproduced  cheaply on the market  :-))
.....well ultimately the results will speak for themselves, and if you really want the real thing, start saving.....dont bag us for enjoying cooking with it, and sharing our passion.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2012, 12:46:34 am »
Couldn't agree more, Maddy . . . especially those who say they haven't even seen the Thermomix in action.  Why not just have a demo . . or go to a cooking class . . and just research a little as to what can be involved re paying for it.  When you've done some legwork then at least you're on an intelligent footing to start comparing this, that and the other . . . . .

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2012, 12:47:44 am »
Bellini cooking the sink plug made me laugh out loud!    :) :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2012, 12:55:13 am »
Bellini cooking the sink plug made me laugh out loud!    :) :)

LOL...me too....poor girl, I know the feeling  :P. Not with a plug in the tm, but I cooked garlic mushrooms on the stove with a plastic black lid, snugly hiding in the base of the saucepan. .....I kept saying to hubby...something's burning!   once we started eating the mushies, we knew what the burning smell was  :P

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:56:44 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!