Author Topic: Stupid question  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Woerd

• View Profile
Stupid question
« on: August 31, 2010, 04:10:26 am »
When I am cooking at a certain temperature am I supposed to be preheating the TMX to the temp. before I add the ingredients and set my time or do I just add what I am making and then set the time and temp. and let it come up to temp.?   :-\

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Stupid question
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 04:42:55 am »
add the ingredients as per the recipe to the TM bowl, just set the time, set the temperature and away it goes. (no pre-heating required if you are following a TM recipe)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Woerd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 04:52:50 am »
Thanks so much CP63. 

That's what I have been doing but I always wondered if I was doing something wrong.  Sometimes the time doesn't seem enough and the food is quite cooked.  I obviously need to do some tweeking to some of them but at least I feel a little better now that I know I am doing it correctly. : )

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 09:51:20 am »
Not a stupid question at all Woerd.  I had exactly the same worries when I first started using my machine. 

I think the timings can be 100% accurate as they will depend on the temperature of the water which is certainly different in this house depending on whether it is summer or winter or, given the weather this year, whether it is a good summer or not   :D :D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 08:16:45 am »
Not a stupid question as I still find some recipes from the EDC need more time than is quoted.  Just need to experiment.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.