Author Topic: In the Mix, compiled by Dani Valent  (Read 26675 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: In the Mix, compiled by Dani Valent
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 10:58:32 am »
well i hope all is well with michelle and she gets her book...seems strange to entger several times then not check to see if you won??? ...i hope she gets back to you soon  :)

if not CP and I are willing takers  :D :D :D :D :D
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline dyljon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 09:57:04 am »
Would someone who has this book be able to send me the recipe for the beetroot and pomegranate salad? I do intend to buy the book one day but cannot fit it in the budget right now and would love to make this for Christmas... pretty please???
Donella - Happy Valley SA

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 10:15:17 am »
Dyljon, this recipe has been posted on Facebook here. Just scroll down a bit.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 09:32:40 pm »
Thanks for the link Judy AND the recipe Dany  ;) 
I make the beetroot salad from EDC on a regular basis- so easy- and love using pomegranate molasses in summer salads. 
Dani, your tip on removing seeds from pomegranate sounds terrific.  I usually "bash"  my pomegranates with a wooden spoon to get the seeds out, with mixed results, depending of the ripeness of the pomegranate  :D
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Offline chdv

• View Profile
    • Aussie in a Swiss kitchen
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 07:24:19 pm »
I just received this book for Christmas from my husband! It's now the end of January..... It took forever to get here from Oz. But it's finally here. I love the look and feel of the book. The photos are fabulous, and they immediately jump out at out you and say eat me. Fantastic effort in compiling the recipes, in the layout and photography.

Actually, I've had my eye on this book since it came out and hesitated to buy it because of the hefty shipping fees. There are quite a few recipes in the book that have been posted on Helene's Superkitchen Machine. One of my favorite recipes is the beetroot and pomegranate salad. So good, and it's prepared in minutes.

Cheryl

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 09:59:07 am »
I got this book for Chrissy too and.............................meh. It doesn't have much in it to interest me I have to say! I am very good at converting recipes so maybe it just isn't a book for me.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 10:26:06 am »
Cheryl  -  you might find shipping costs cheaper if you order from the UK Thermomix site.   They have most of the Thermomix books in stock although it may take a while for them to get copies of new books....  Their supply of In The Mix arrived just before Christmas.

Offline chdv

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: In the Mix, compiled by Dani Valent
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »
Cheryl  -  you might find shipping costs cheaper if you order from the UK Thermomix site.   They have most of the Thermomix books in stock although it may take a while for them to get copies of new books....  Their supply of In The Mix arrived just before Christmas.

Thanks Katya, My husband ordered In the Mix from someone in Australia. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift, and even though he ordered it in early December or late November, it didn't get here until the end of January! And this was with DHL or UPS!
I wanted to get Cyndi O'Meara's book and fast and easy cooking. Are there any that you would recommend?

Cheryl
Cheryl

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 01:42:15 pm »
I really like the Indian cookbook and probably use that more than the others.  Meat on the Menu is good but for some reason I never remember to look in it as I have far too many recipes to choose from already  :D :D

Offline chdv

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 04:22:32 pm »
I really like the Indian cookbook and probably use that more than the others.  Meat on the Menu is good but for some reason I never remember to look in it as I have far too many recipes to choose from already  :D :D

Thanks Katya, I'll order the Indian Cook book and also Meat on the Menu (I live with a family of carnivores). Do you have the Australian Every Day Cook book, and if so how does it compare to the UK "fast and easy" book?

Cheryl
Cheryl

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 04:37:42 pm »
I don't have the Australian book but really like Fast & Easy.   Some of the recipes in F & E seem similar to those in the Australian book...  I guess it's partly a matter of which one you are used to.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 09:55:32 pm »
CHDV,  from reports, I think the English basic book is better than the Aussie one.  Look up the reviews on here for Altce's book and Tenina's.  Both are great.

Offline chdv

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: In the Mix, compiled by Dani Valent
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 05:23:48 pm »
CHDV,  from reports, I think the English basic book is better than the Aussie one.  Look up the reviews on here for Altce's book and Tenina's.  Both are great.
thanks achookwoman, I ordered dinner spinner and For Food's Sake a few weeks ago. I'm hoping that the Swiss PTT will live up to it's usual degree of efficiency and deliver both books just when I'm back home from vacation next week!

there are quite a few recipes in the aussie EDC book that I like, but I think I'll order the English one, (providing the postage isn't more than the price of the book. I wish all these cookbooks were on Kindle!)

Cheryl
Cheryl

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 10:33:14 pm »
I second chookie's view...the UK version is far better than tha Australian book.

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2013, 07:57:00 am »
oh did tarasis ever get his copy????

A bit late to answer this, but yes I did :) (I only just saw the question)
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net