Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7860898 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #31560 on: November 06, 2016, 08:24:14 pm »
That's great news, Chookie, it sounds promising and my fingers are crossed.  I wondered how you got on after we left Woodend on Saturday.

It was lovely to meet up with the two of you, Woodend market is really great.  For such a small market, they pack a lot in!  Thanks for the crumpets, mushrooms and 'stretched' gem lettuce, they were great.

My neighbour came over for a visit and said to pop over to his place and help myself to broad beans so, seeing as I love broad beans, over I went only to discover he had a veritable forest of them!  Anyway, made my favourite recipe (farfallina's I think) and am now starting to search for more recipes as I think my neighbour will be harvesting them for the next month or so.

Got out in the garden for a while yesterday and between the mosquitoes, flys and hay fever striking I didn't last long, but it was a beautiful day so it seemed a waste not to get out there and have a bit of a clean up - even if it meant I had to suffer for my efforts.  Currently doing battle with cleavers and periwinkle, both of which are terribly invasive weeds at our place ... but we are slowly winning.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #31561 on: November 06, 2016, 08:36:54 pm »
Hello all, had a great weekend, with lots of kids, cooking, baking, so much fun seeing the kids enjoy themselves.
House is still clean too. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #31562 on: November 06, 2016, 08:52:46 pm »
Morning all.
Thanks for all the good wishes for selling Cherokee.
There are always nice flowers at Cherokee to pick. I will try and post a photo of those I picked on Saturday.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #31563 on: November 06, 2016, 08:54:11 pm »
Morning all.
Thanks for all the good wishes for selling Cherokee.
There are always nice flowers at Cherokee to pick. I will try and post a photo of those I picked on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31564 on: November 06, 2016, 09:21:12 pm »
So happy for you chookie. Noice.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #31565 on: November 06, 2016, 10:02:23 pm »
Good Morning everyone!!! A hot week and bush fires forecasted here, hope it all goes well...

@Katj : Thank you for the wishes, I am surely looking forward to the last day, but I know it will only get busier ;) Just hoping bub does not come earlier as I have got nothing ready, need to get some washing and cleaning done...

@CC : Beautiful photo, love autumn mornings in UK, the crisp weather and the lovely foliage :)

@Chookie : Fingers crossed for your sale, hope this is the family you guys were looking for, and I loveeeeee those flowers, so beautifull!! :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31566 on: November 06, 2016, 10:48:46 pm »
Good morning everyone. 
Chookie your flower arrangement looks spectacular.  It's nice to have flowers on tap for your opens.  Good luck with this couple.
Marina, how lovely for you to catch up with Chookie & Ral at the Woodend market.
Enjoy your week everyone.  We had 2 young families visit the nursing home yesterday and on such a beautiful day we were able to enjoy the ambience of one of the outdoor areas.  The DON came in to catch up on her work and loved seeing so many people enjoying one of these beautiful areas.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31567 on: November 07, 2016, 04:19:30 am »
Chookie the flowers are glorious. Are they waratahs? They look like it to me and I really love them, but we don't have them over here.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31568 on: November 07, 2016, 09:17:34 am »
Beautiful flowers Chookie,such a wonderful colour combination.Love fresh flowers.

Hi friends.
A good walk with Chance even though we got caught in a rain shower.
Got a dental appointment today.Lets hope I've been good and she finds nothing wrong ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #31569 on: November 07, 2016, 08:53:06 pm »
Good Morning all!!!! A humid day to start off with, lots of backburning happening here, just hoping its not a bad season for firefighters this time...

I think it is time for me to count the number of hours left for my last day :D Feel a little strange to finish off work but there have been so many politics going around here that I am in a way glad to take a break from all this, hope by the time I come back, things will settle down...

Have a great day everyone! :)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #31570 on: November 07, 2016, 09:10:57 pm »
Morning all.
Nice to read what everyone is doing.
Cookie, yes these are Waratahs. They grow well in our area at Cherokee. Our Roses at Invermay are beautiful and I am going to pick a bunch today especially for you.
Thermilover. It is never the work that is a problem, but always the politics. Look forward to your time off and the bub.
Mild cool sunny day here today.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #31571 on: November 08, 2016, 01:30:05 am »
Hello all ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #31572 on: November 08, 2016, 02:26:14 am »
Roses for Cooki.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #31573 on: November 08, 2016, 02:27:32 am »
Roses for Cookie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31574 on: November 08, 2016, 09:02:58 am »
Beautiful roses Chookie 8)

Hi friends.
A very frosty start to the day here so I had to wear for the first time my "winter coat" when I walked Chance this morning.Its padded and fur lined sleeves  ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.