Author Topic: Varoma tray got melted a little  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Varoma tray got melted a little
« on: May 17, 2012, 03:29:35 am »
Hubby managed to melt a little part of the Varoma tray so it has a bit of a hole in it. It was sitting on a pot on the stove and he didn't even realise he did it. Would it still be safe to use?

He has recently also managed to melt the lid of some a honey container to the container holding it. I have to point it out to him and he doesn't use commonsense to move items that are too close to the stove top.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Varoma tray got melted a little
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 03:36:42 am »
Can you post a photo of the damaged area Tasty?  I can't see how it would make any difference as long as the base and lid still fit as they used to and you haven't got a gaping hole in the bottom of it.

I'd been keeping DH out of the kitchen if he was mine though  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 08:58:39 am »
I'm surprised my DH hasn't done that yet! As JD said, if the hole is small and it doesn't affect the Varoma sitting on the TM I wouldn't worry about it. If it is largish and you are worried about food falling through the hole I woud use baking paper when steaming to cover it.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:07:23 am »
Tasty ur DH is just like mine. My DH put the lid to the deep fryer straight onto a hot plate and melted it. No more deep fryer.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline wombat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 03:21:53 am »
Dont you just luv the husbands!!! My husband has managed to melt my large tupperware lid of the marinade thingo (very expensive) and also the lid of my tupperware roast chicken keeper.!!

I must say though, it is thanks to him that I now have a thermomix as he has destoyed all my saucepans.  Unfortunately Bessemer ware is not husband proof and he does not understand low or medium heat. All of my Scanpan frypans have been destroyed too.

Hes not too bad though as I was able to buy a lovely ring from the jewellers the other day and all I had to do was send a txt to him saying thanx and he didnt mind. ;D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 04:33:29 am »
I once tried to melt my hand when I forgot to put on an oven glove and then grabbed a tray of biscuits out of the oven... it hurt quite a lot and the biscuits went flying :-))

I think your tray will be alright Tasty, as long as still fits in the Varoma properly like Judy mentioned ;)
Also suggested by Judy: keep DH out of the kitchen! :-))

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 04:36:48 am »
Some DH's should be banned from the kitchen all together I thing lol :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.