Author Topic: Error 69  (Read 11146 times)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
Error 69
« on: August 09, 2011, 05:04:36 am »
Does anybody know what error 69 means. I was just cooking Johnros Macaroni Beef and the error came up. Then stopped cooking as it was nearly done and as usual it burnt the bottom of my TM even though I turned it up to nearly 4. I then put the vinegar in to cook off the burnt bits and after about 20 seconds the error 69 comes up. So now I can't even wash my TM as it is all burnt. I was having a productive day up until this point >:(

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Error 69
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 06:16:05 am »
Sorry to hear of your problems Yvette.  I know somewhere in the booklet  that came with your TMX (I haven't got it with me so I can't check, but it's not the EDC) there is a list of different error messages, see if you can track that down and hope it helps.  Other than that I suspect it's a call to your consultant or HO.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 06:25:51 am »
By turning the speed selector to open jug and then to *:
Hope this helps.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 07:32:07 am »
Thanks ladies it is working again I let it all cool down and tried it again and it worked :D

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 07:56:13 am »
Oh no I spoke too soon.  I had the vinegar sitting in the TM for a couple of hours waiting for it to cool down. It got through 45mins of the 60 mins time then the error came up again and there was no liquid inside. I have now run out of vinegar can I use anything else? My TM is still burnt >:(

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 08:03:08 am »
I had this error the other day and had a mini panic...if it continues i would contact HO...for me i just put the lid and locked the lid and turned the dial to close and it stopped ...hasnt repeated for the moment but i would perhaps undo your blades and bottom of the bowl and make sure its all clean etc and put it back together making sure its well clicked in etc and try again...for the burnt bol have you tried just luke warm water, egg shells and a little detergent..if not a non scratch scourer will have to do..hope this helps!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 08:24:55 am »
Thanks Frozzie it is too bad to just scrub might try the egg shells

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 08:44:00 am »
Have you tried making a paste of bicarbonate of soda and using a soft cloth to rub it in?   JD (at least I think it was her) says Gumption works but I haven't tried it myself.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 08:50:09 am »
also try a magic eraser, they are amazing without scratching. I use it in mine sometimes to clean the bottom when I can see a dull film on the bottom and it brings it back to new again.

I buy the mini ones, there is about 9 in a box
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 08:51:00 am »
Yes, I use gumption and my finger nail to lift it off but very rarely have any problems as bad as yours sounds Yvette.  Hope you manage to clean it without too much trouble.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 08:54:28 am »
Yay success after soaking for a couple of hours, the vinegar must have worked. I have just washed it up and it is now finally nice and clean what a horrible afternoon I had thanks for everyones suggestions