Author Topic: Chocolate mousse ice cream - quick fix in the Thermomix  (Read 4673 times)

Bonsai

Chocolate mousse ice cream - quick fix in the Thermomix
« on: May 14, 2012, 12:49:24 pm »
Very nice and easy to do without an ice cream maker. The recipe says to cut the frozen ice cream into 8 bits before blitzing again. Cutting it is hard unless you freeze it in a very shallow tray, and the bits need to be way smaller than 1/8 - just jams the blades. I ended up breaking it all in to large ice cube size pieces before it would work. Maybe next time do it in two batches (final blitzing, not the whole recipe).

Really creamy and chocolatey (despite quality control leaving only 180g chocolate for the recipe😉). Would do this again for a special occasion.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Chocolate mousse ice cream - quick fix in the Thermomix
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 07:07:15 am »
Let this cool in the fridge, churned in my ice cream maker & now in freezer. So far it tastes amazing.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

007rocket

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 08:06:48 am »
Mines chilling in the fridge as we speak! Hope it tastes as good as I'm expecting!

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 12:01:56 pm »
I'm sorry, but I'm a little underwhelmed by this icecream.  It could be because I've churned it in my icecream maker and it wasnt intended to be made this way. It's too rich for the kids, and too hard and icy for me
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous