Author Topic: Pork Loin stuffed with dried plums (prunes) MWOC page 98  (Read 3451 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pork Loin stuffed with dried plums (prunes) MWOC page 98
« on: May 14, 2012, 05:34:09 am »
I made this today with a 370g Pork fillet, adjusting the quantity of prunes and cooking times to suit. I cooked everything for 35 minutes/speed 3 and cooked a few different vegies, some in the basket with the potatoes and the cauli & broccoli put in at different times with the pork fillet in the varoma dish.  The sauce needed thickening at the end.  It all came together nicely but I think I would use less prunes for stuffing next time (I did use less than they said) as it was a bit too pruney.  I wonder how apples would go as a filling, if they would cook in the given time or whether you would have to cook the apples beforehand.

The first photo is the one in the book, I like my gravy poured over the food, not under it so our meals look totally different.  My potatoes came out with a brown coating from the gravy beneath but that could have been because I used speed 3 instead of speed 1. I'm sure it added to the taste of the potato though. We both enjoyed it but agreed less prunes would be better.
'
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: Pork Loin stuffed with dried plums (prunes) MWOC page 98
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 06:52:37 am »
Looks and sounds lovely Judy