Here is the recipe for Tsoureki (Greek Easter bread) from the Greek Thermomix Book.TSOUREKIMakes
: 2 medium-sized loavesPreparation
: 8 minutesProving time:
2 hours + 1/2 hourBaking time:
150g raw sugar
Mehlepi (the flavouring that is available in small packets from continetntal stores such as Veeo's in Perth)
Zest of 1/2-1 orange
1 MC milk
2 sachets instant yeast
550g Bakers Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
Sesame seeds, optionalMethod:
1. Place the sugar, mehlepi and orange zest in the TMX bowl and mill for 10 seconds - Speed 9.
2. Add the butter and milk and blend for 2 minutes - 60C - Speed 3.
3. Optional: Preheat oven to 50C to make warm for proving.
4. Add the yeast and eggs and beat for 30 seconds - Speed 6.
5. Add the flour and baking powder and mix for 1 minute - Closed Lid Position - Interval Speed.
6. Remove the dough and place onto Thermomat. Wrap up and place on baking paper-lined baking tray in oven. Turn oven off. If you don't have a Thermomat you can place in an oiled and floured bowl and cover with damp tea towel. A warm car is also good for proving.
7.Leave for 2 (maybe even a LOT more) to rise to almost double the size.
8. Divide into two balls. Then divide each ball into 3 and make long sausages out of them. Let rest for 5 minutes.
9. Plait into two loaves and leave to rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
10. Preheat oven to 180C.
11. Brush loaves with egg wash and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
12. Bake in oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.I have taken the liberty of adding extra steps/instructions which I found useful. It really needs a warm environment to rise and can take forever to rise.