Author Topic: Chicken Fricassee Travelling with Thermomix page 84  (Read 4486 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Chicken Fricassee Travelling with Thermomix page 84
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:46:38 am »
Followed the instructions for this one - should have know better.  Cooking rice in the steaming basket for 30 minutes ??? Far too long for nice, fluffy rice. Cooking asparagus in the varoma tray for 30 minutes - again far too long.  Everything else worked OK although I think too much liquid gets added back into the TM bowl to make the gravy and the amount of flour was not enough to thicken it.  I removed some liquid and added 4 tspn cornflour to get it to the consistency I wanted.  I added some of Tenina's garlic paste to the sauce as well to give it an extra lift and used her chicken stock powder in place of stock cubes. My sauce was therefore much darker than the picture in the book but it was quite tasty although it is not something I would serve to visitors. OK for a weeknight meal and GD enjoyed it.

I was rushed when I made this meal and working with a GD but I would do it again - next time I will think about what I am doing and go with my own judgement.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Fricassee Travelling with Thermomix page 84
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 01:09:26 pm »
Looks nice JD, did it take long from start to finish :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 01:12:51 pm »
Rice 30 mins!!!!! Asparagus 30 mins !!

Yes kids totally distract you :) love em to bits tho'

I will give this  a go, it does look really nice.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 01:20:48 pm »
Can't remember what time I started this one CC but I know we were running late with it and didn't eat until 1.30 ish - probably 50 minutes all up.  I wasn't organised though, can do far better when it is just me and my thermomix ;)  I had mess from one end of the bench to the other too for some reason.  You chop the chicken whilst the sauce is being made and tip the vegies from the varoma into the sauce as well so it comes together very quickly at the end.  GD often asks me why I cook so much.  Well firstly we need to eat to survive and secondly, sometimes I wonder why myself  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.