Author Topic: Chicken Pie pge 116 Best of our Recipe Communities  (Read 4289 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Chicken Pie pge 116 Best of our Recipe Communities
« on: April 13, 2012, 03:52:19 am »
This is not a pie as we know it here, it is more like a slice and is a 'toad-in-the-hole' type recipe (not that I have ever done that but I know what it is).  So easy to make, minimal ingredients (only 300g chicken in it) and something kids would like.  For us, I will add some garlic paste and coriander next time and maybe even a bit of chilli to spice it up a bit.  Makes a dish 30cm x 24cm and would serve 6 in this house but for lots of people cut into small pieces for finger food at parties.  This one gets a definite tick but with some flavour additions next time for a quick lunch.  Not something I would give to visitors though.  It can be eaten hot or cold so would be ideal for school lunchboxes.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:58:24 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
Re: Chicken Pie pge 116 Best of our Recipe Communities
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 03:56:21 am »
Judy, it looks like an impossible quiche. Is that what it is like?
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 04:04:10 am »
Yes, that's another name for it.  It is basically chicken, onion, red pepper (in very small quantities) with some curry powder, sauteed.
A batter with cheese, flour, milk, eggs, baking powder & butter is then made, poured into a large casserole dish and the chicken mixture is sprinkled over the top.  It couldn't get easier than that.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 06:06:46 am »
Yes it looks a bit like our bacon slab. DS would love this.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......