Author Topic: Dinner Spinner App--Chicken Vindaloo  (Read 3619 times)

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
Dinner Spinner App--Chicken Vindaloo
« on: April 07, 2012, 12:19:04 pm »
Edit:

Okay, so I apologise to anyone who I confused.   I had it in my head that this was another chicken rendang recipe that was different from the one in For Food's Sake . . . oops!  Of course it's dfiferent because it's actually CHICKEN VINDALOO!  So if you read my earlier post, sorry. This was one of the recipes that came in the latestupdate to the app that was available earlier this week.  

My rating 5/5!! This recipe is dead easy.  The most time consuming part (other than taking the excess fat off the chicken thighs) was dishing out the spices--there are 12 different spices!! This may be off-putting for some, but I cook a lot of Indian food and had all of them in my cupboard but only whole fenugreek and cardamom, which I ground before toasting the spices.  Because there was only a small quantity, it didn't grind that well, but it didn't affect the recipe.  I also didn't have cayenne so used 1/2 a teaspoon of chilli flakes instead.  The resulting curry was pleasantly spicy, but not too hot (infact son and husband would have probably liked more heat).  The sauce was quite thin, some might like to thicken with cornflour, but we liked it as is.  I served it with chopped tomato and cucumber with coriander as Tenina suggested.  The flavour is beautiful and well worth locating the spices!!

Yum!  Yum!

I really think it's fabulous that Tenina has added to the Dinner Spinner content.  I have enjoyed the new recipes and think it's very generous of her.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:33:58 pm by Lellyj »
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria