Author Topic: Review Moroccan Lamb MOTM pge 90  (Read 4107 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Review Moroccan Lamb MOTM pge 90
« on: April 29, 2010, 06:12:38 am »
I made Moroccan Lamb last night, but used chicken. I left out the honey as dates are sweet enough. I also added preserved lemon as that a very Moroccan flavour.
It was delicious, but next time I'll use my Moroccan Spice that I made.

I added 150ml of water, as per the Tip, and also some vegie stock instead of salt.

Served with couscous with toasted slivered almonds and steamed mixed veges. Everyone loved it. Chickpeas make the meat go a long way.

Will do with lamb next time I have some in the freezer!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline smholmes

• View Profile
Moroccan Lamb
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 09:50:52 am »
I made the Moroccan Lamb out of the "Meat on the Menu" cookbook and I must say it turned out great.  My husband didn't want me to add the dates (he doesn't like fruit, especially cooked/warm fruit) but I decided I would.  He didn't even notice.

I may have added slightly too much honey, but still the result was great. 
Sharlene

Perth, Western Australia

Offline hopefulcook

• View Profile
Re: Moroccan Lamb
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 11:47:17 pm »
I love this recipe too, I have made it several times without fail. Very authentic taste (not that I have been to Morocco!!!). I wonder about making a vegetarian version. I am thinking I would need to add the extra liquid described in tips and maybe do a mix of sweet potato, carrots, green beans.
Any suggestions?

Offline Thermo Mrs

• View Profile
Re: Moroccan Lamb
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 01:34:23 am »
I made this for dinner last night using some chicken breasts we had out. It was a lovely dish, quite sweet but I did put a little more honey than it asked for (accident!). Will definitely make again. 4/5