Author Topic: Sourdough loaf, activated in fridge overnight .  (Read 33468 times)

Offline ANNEUK

• View Profile
    • My (infrequently updated) blog
Re: Sourdough loaf, activated in fridge overnight .
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2015, 02:04:07 pm »
AnneUK. I don't think that there is any perfect method and yours sounds pretty good to me. I mostly don't get oven spring but a little rise when in the oven.  I try to prove it to max in tin before I place it in the oven.  I think the cracking on the top is due to a higher proportion of water in the dough.
If I could make a suggestion. With the overnight rise, do it in a lined bowl which is about the same size as the pot that you are heating in the oven. ( don't do a second rise). Lift the dough carefully from the bowl after overnight rise and carefully place it, liner and all, into heated pot and bake.
You could add more water to the mix as you are not going to knead it by hand.  I give my dough 4 minutes in the TMX.
Hope this helps.

That's a good suggestion. I just had it in my head that I needed to do it in 2 stages...  Will have a go tonight.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2015, 12:24:02 am »
Wow, that's an impressive loaf
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline KristySpiegl

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2015, 03:35:21 am »
That loaf is quite impressive. Must get my mitts on a starter, DH loves sourdough