Author Topic: Vegetable Chilli QFITT  (Read 5224 times)

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
Vegetable Chilli QFITT
« on: March 04, 2012, 10:50:12 pm »
I made this for dinner last night.  The recipe states serves 6, but I found it only made 4 normal serves. Also had no chilli in the recipe, so I added one with the garlic, onion and red capsicum. Not that keen on cayene pepper, so cut the amount in half.  Ingredients are simple, a good pantry recipe.

I also served it with sour cream, as I had some that I wanted to use, and did have the fresh herbs and lemon juice.

This is a great recipe, very easy and we really enjoyed the flavour.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Vegetable Chilli QFITT
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:23:05 am »
I like your tweeks. I'll give this a try. I'm always looking for new ways to have vegies.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:11:07 am »
Good pick up EG with the chilli omission. Maybe you should PM Alyce to see if that is where the chilli should go, and the exact quantity? I've been wanting to try this for a while, and if Alyce sees this and replies I will make it this week.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline alyce alexandra

• View Profile
    • alyce alexandra cookbooks
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 12:27:54 am »
Well funnily enough, this recipe started as a vegetarian version of chilli con carne hence the name vegetable chilli, but I eventually decided that the flavours of the herbs and spices were really beautiful on their own without the need for chilli - a hit from the cayenne pepper was enough. 
Looking at it now the name seems a bit deceiving!

But it was also great with the addition of chiilli, from memory I would add in 1 large red chilli (deseeded if you don't want it too hot!) with the onion, garlic and capsicum and chop as specified.

So glad to hear you enjoyed it ElleG. I would be really interested to see what people prefer - chilli or no chilli in this recipe!

Alyce
xo

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 02:34:38 am »
Alyce, I added a whole chilli and we didn't find it too hot. I will be brave and add all of the cayene pepper next time I cook this dish  :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 01:36:38 pm »
whoa, put the whole teaspoon of cayenne in and it was way too hot. Fortunately I didn't take up the chilli suggestion, cos I nearly did. Will make a note to halve the cayenne next time. Yes, there will be a next time but the dish will be a milder version  ;)  4/5
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline inthekitchen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 12:14:40 pm »
I've been enjoying this for lunch for the last three days :)  really easy, cheap & good to serve in different ways, so far I've served it on quinoa, brown rice & in a bowl with crackers.  I didn't put the extra chilli in it, I had meant to but forgot.  Next time I probably will.