Author Topic: Bakers flour??  (Read 65585 times)

stacelee

Re: Bakers flour??
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 12:33:33 pm »
Yup, it's global convenience store, I live just down the road at Springwood...up on top of the hill near the Enviromental park.  I love the chutneys from there and you can normally get some good value fruit and vegetables from the Big Gun fruit shop...although I don't rate the butcher.

I can't remember which one I normally buy although I would recognize it if I saw it. I will try and call in on my way home from work on Monday and see which one it is. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 07:30:06 am »
Hey I know exactly where Eight Mile Plains is-we stayed there last time we were up that way.  8) 8)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 07:41:57 am »
So much good info . here.   I buy Laucke flour in 10 k.  bags for $20 from Safeways of Coles.  Cost $1 to make 8 rolls or a large loaf.   Yeast is included.  I also use 1/2 and 1/2 bread flour and cake flour in biscuits.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 08:04:29 am »
Cookie, next time you're up this way you'll have to let us know and you can come over to my mad house LOL. Thanks so much Stacelee, it would be great if you could find out the name of it, do they call it bread flour ? Like I've looked at other flours that are for chapatis etc and wondered if they were the same thing.  I'm not in a huge hurry though, just next time you're in there would be great.   
Debbie

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 12:41:08 pm »
I thought I would post the flour that I use for making bread for the U.K. members.I love the Wessex Cobbler Flour, the Soft Grain Flour and the Whole Grain Bread flour.I can buy it locally and have great results with it.Useful that they do mail order if there isn't a stockest near you.
http://www.wessexmill.co.uk/acatalog/Bread_Flour.html
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 08:58:02 pm »
Debbie,  where do you live.?

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 11:24:11 pm »
Chookie,
I'm at Eight Mile Plains, about 20 mins south of Brisbane city (in off peak traffic that is).
Debbie

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 01:18:29 pm »
Ohhh Stacelee, was just reading over this thread again and just been filling my husband in about you buying a Kenwood as well, you crack me up ! I think my husband's sitting there thinking ohhhh no here we go she's not going to want a Kenwood next is she lol. Anyhow back to my reason for posting again in this thread. I go to the Big Gun fruit shop all the time (was there yesterday actually) and have to totally agree with you about Big Gun Butcher. We buy all our meat from Super Butcher at Yatala, you just can't go past them for quality and price. Have you been there ?  One of our favourites from there is Spicy chicken breast tenderloins (they're the same as KFC use, but slightly mis-shaped). We buy them and have them on wraps for a quick dinner some nights or lunches here and there. They're mince is lovely too, we don't buy it anywhere else now. My husband's become fussy with his steak and only likes it from there too.  Anyhow, I need to go to bed, enough from me.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 12:56:25 am »
I'm off to Garden City this morning...............the one in Perth not near you Debbiebillg. Is it still there? We found it a useful shopping centre.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

stacelee

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 02:35:47 am »
I haven't made it to SuperButcher yet...keep saying I will go and never getting there.  My daughter does cheerleading at Beenleigh and I should drop her there and keep going but there is always something else to do.  Currently it is getting ready for a holiday :(, why is it always almost too much work to to on holidays?????......I'm currently flipping between working on accounts at the computer and high pressure cleaning our way too much concrete so that our pet sitters don't kill themselves when they feed the animals.  Working from home today seemed like such a good idea!!!!!  At least my 15 year old is being kind enough to cook lunch for me so I can keep working.  I'm very fond of him today.  Still haven't made it back to Global Trading, maybe tomorrow

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 07:51:09 am »
Yes I know what you mean about too much work to go on holidays. Such a lot to do hey. No worries about the Global Convenience store, no hurry at all.  Super Butcher is definately worth the trip. There's one at Waterford now too. If you sign up on their website they email you their weekly specials, which is usually how I work out when to go (gotta love a bargain). Sometimes they do premium mince for $4 a kilo. Great value. I just got their xmas specials email, if you want me to send it on to you, send me your email address.
Cookie1, yes Garden City is definately still there, tis our favourite haunt ! My husband's a shopaholic so we're there quite a bit. Haven't been to the Perth one though. We're spoilt for choice with shopping centres now aren't we.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 07:53:41 am by Debbiebillg »

Offline HandsOn

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 11:14:50 am »
Where would one find organic bakers flour?

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 11:31:43 am »
I use honest to goodness

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 12:32:28 pm »
I've been very happy with Kialla flour - a list of stockists is here.  It isn't called baker's flour on the packaging, but have been using it for 18 months for my bread (and everything else).
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 03:24:04 pm »
Where would one find organic bakers flour?

Where abouts are you handson?
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net