Author Topic: Pear, Cranberry & Walnut Loaf - Low in Fat and Sugar  (Read 11159 times)

Offline Thermomix Lover

• View Profile
Pear, Cranberry & Walnut Loaf - Low in Fat and Sugar
« on: February 20, 2012, 06:37:59 am »
Well I've managed to convert a Recipe (which I forgot to write down but since it's easy you'll know the conversions anyway) freezes well and the kids absolutely loved it  :) oh and hubby too :P

This Loaf is low in fat and sugar (Taken from Symply Too Good To Be True 5)

2 Egg Whites
1/3 cup Sugar
2 Tbs of Butter
2 Pears
1/2 cup Cranberries
1 tps Cinnamon
1 tps Bicarb Soda
handful of Walnuts (I added these in)
1 3/4 SR Flour
couple dashes of milk (it says 1/2 cup of Cranberry Juice but I didn't want any more sweetness or sugar added so I chose Milk to make it a little less thick.)

Mix 2 egg whites and sugar for 1 minute
Add Pears, Cranberries, melted Butter, Cinnamon, Bicarb Soda chop on speed 4/5 for a few seconds (until you have the texture you like with the Pears)
Add SR Flour and mix  :-:  ^^ until Flour is combined.  This is where I add the couple of dashes of milk to help it and throw in the Walnuts (just break in half with fingers).
Once mixed in, add to Loaf Tin and cook at 180c for approx 30/35 minutes or until skewer is clean.

Well there you go it's my first recipe added to the forum so I hope you enjoy  ;D
Its moist, great for freezing and tastes just the same once thawed. It's not sweet at all, I think if I had added the Cranberry Juice then it may have been.

members' comments

Kulsha - I made this today. It's really nice.  I used cranberry juice instead of milk and didn't find it too sweet. Next time I will leave out the bicarb. Thanks for the recipe, it's a keeper! 

cookie - It looks nice raw. I blitzed the pears on speed 3/4 before I started and added them in with the cranberries. I also added 1/2 cup milk for the cranberry juice. This is very nice. I had 2 pieces......very naughty. It's lovely and moist and very tasty.
I just had to make it again. It is low fat.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:57:54 am by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pear, Cranberry & Walnut Loaf - Low in Fat and Sugar
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 12:10:23 pm »
I like the sound of this. Is it nice and moist? It's definitely on my to make list.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:51:26 pm »
sounds good, i'll try this on the weekend.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Thermomix Lover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 03:27:19 am »
I like the sound of this. Is it nice and moist? It's definitely on my to make list.

It sure is cookie1, great for freezing and tastes just the same once thawed  ;D

Offline Thermomix Lover

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 03:28:13 am »
sounds good, i'll try this on the weekend.

Robyn

It's not sweet at all, I think if I had added the Cranberry Juice then it may have been.

Offline Thermomix Lover

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 03:29:43 am »
I just wish I could add my photos :-( I have tried to edit them and it still won't accept them unless I'm doing it wrong. 

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 04:20:59 am »
Thermomix Lover does ur camera have image mode,mine is set at 640x480
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 04:38:07 am »
If your photos are too big TL, have a read of this - it's what helped me get over that problem.

This is what Chelsea posted on the forum a while back and should help you to reduce the size of the photo and post it on the forum.

'think there is probably a very easy way, but this is what I do.

I open the folder where the photo is currently saved (can even be your camera folder).
I right click on the photo and a menu appears.
I click on the "open with" option.
I then click on the "paint" option and it will open in the paint program (don't worry if it is huge).
I then click on the "image" menu at the top.
I click on the stretch and skew option in the image menu.
In stretch and skew I change the stretch settings to 25% and 25% (and leave the other settings).
I then click on the file menu and click on the "save as" option.
I type a new name for my smaller sized photo.
I find the folder where I want to save my resized photo in the drop down menu (I use "my pictures" folder)
I click on save and then close the paint program.
The smaller sized photo will be saved in the folder I selected and will open in almost every application (not just paint).

It sounds complicated but that's just because I have put in all of the steps (I hope). Hope this helps.' 

Once you've reduced the size it is just a matter of clicking on 'Additional Options' after you have posted something that you want to attach a photo to. When you click on browse it should take you to where your photos are and you just go from there.  It is very hard to describe what to do, I just do it now but it took lots of advice before I was able to. If tyou don't understand this, perhaps someone else will explain it better than me   
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Slice of Health

• View Profile
    • Slice of Health Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 07:22:48 am »
I made this today. It's really nice.  I used cranberry juice instead of milk and didn't find it too sweet. Next time I will leave out the bicarb. Thanks for the recipe, it's a keeper!  ;D
Eva, Slice of Health (my personal Thermomix blog)
www.sliceofhealth.com.au
www.facebook.com/sliceofhealthrecipes
Darwin, NT

Offline Thermomix Lover

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 11:45:42 am »
I made this today. It's really nice.  I used cranberry juice instead of milk and didn't find it too sweet. Next time I will leave out the bicarb. Thanks for the recipe, it's a keeper!  ;D

Glad you liked it Kulsha  :)  I'm Diabetic so I guess I wanted to keep the sugar level down for myself and kidlets as it's hereditary in our Family :-(

Offline Thermomix Lover

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 11:46:43 am »

I've taken the photos from my iPhone, would this make any difference?

Offline Thermomix Lover

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 11:48:20 am »
If your photos are too big TL, have a read of this - it's what helped me get over that problem.

This is what Chelsea posted on the forum a while back and should help you to reduce the size of the photo and post it on the forum.

'think there is probably a very easy way, but this is what I do.

I open the folder where the photo is currently saved (can even be your camera folder).
I right click on the photo and a menu appears.
I click on the "open with" option.
I then click on the "paint" option and it will open in the paint program (don't worry if it is huge).
I then click on the "image" menu at the top.
I click on the stretch and skew option in the image menu.
In stretch and skew I change the stretch settings to 25% and 25% (and leave the other settings).
I then click on the file menu and click on the "save as" option.
I type a new name for my smaller sized photo.
I find the folder where I want to save my resized photo in the drop down menu (I use "my pictures" folder)
I click on save and then close the paint program.
The smaller sized photo will be saved in the folder I selected and will open in almost every application (not just paint).

It sounds complicated but that's just because I have put in all of the steps (I hope). Hope this helps.' 

Once you've reduced the size it is just a matter of clicking on 'Additional Options' after you have posted something that you want to attach a photo to. When you click on browse it should take you to where your photos are and you just go from there.  It is very hard to describe what to do, I just do it now but it took lots of advice before I was able to. If tyou don't understand this, perhaps someone else will explain it better than me   

Thanks JD I have a Apple Mac and instead of me driving the bloomin thing it's DRIVING ME grrrrrr.  Yes I know what your talking about so you are not confusing me in anyway, my other computer wouldn't have been a problem but this one is causing me grief lol.

Offline Thermomix Lover

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 01:10:44 pm »
OMG don't fall off your seats everyone but I was not going to let this Mac WIN woohoo I'm the WINNER and just to top it off I've added one photo to the Recipe and one on here because I'm now complete  :D  The 2nd photo I packaged the Loaf up and have been selling to Friends who want a healthy option but just don't have time to make some nice treats.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 01:14:55 pm by Thermomix Lover »

Offline Thermomix Lover

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 01:18:46 pm »

Thank you, Thank you fundj after finally finding the right program for my photo's I selected your lovely numbers above and BINGO  ;D

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 07:28:29 pm »
You’re welcome

Don’t forget to change your setting when you want to take normal photos, i have a sticker on mine just to remind me  :-))
i don't need a recipe i'm italian