Author Topic: Quick Fix in the Thermomix - Chorizo & Balsamic Fettuccine p116  (Read 10650 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Quick Fix in the Thermomix - Chorizo & Balsamic Fettuccine p116
« on: February 14, 2012, 01:30:45 pm »
This is not the meal to apparently diet on. With Weight Watchers points we have calculated its 31 points per serve. I had a tiny tiny bit, and enjoyed each mouthful slowly and thoughtfully. The sauce was delightfully rich and tomatoey, with the added delicition (new word I made up = delicious addition) of chorizo and olives. The packet of fettuccine was "Golden Pasta" which was an egg pasta from C*les, and had 375g in the pack which we used all of and did not compromise the sauciness. Served on a bed of baby spinach yum, yum, yum 5/5
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Fix in the Thermomix - Chorizo & Balsamic Fettuccine p116
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 01:47:21 pm »
Did I read that right? 31 points per serve!!!!!!!  I won't even go there though it sounds likei would love it.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 11:37:29 pm »
Yes chorizio full on fat!!! i love it. We have it occasiinally. I sfill have a little left from the soup, so might give this a go.

Will do this later this week.

Thanks for the review.

H :)

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 09:17:58 pm »
This review is from Bootobethin 19/2/12

This recipe has quickly become a family favorite!
It is a well set out easy to follow recipe which has required no tweaking.
It is very tasty and a great meal for a busy family in the middle of the week as it is easy to prepare.
If there are any leftovers (rare) it is great to take for lunch the next day.
Thanks Alyce ! This book and this recipe are winners in this home.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 05:46:39 am »
Made this one tonight. I thought at first that the amount of tomato paste was a misprint but after it was cooked, it really enriches the tomato flavour. Also, the balsamic vinegar really helps to cut down the sweetness of the tomato but is not overpowering. The smell in the kitchen was  wonderful afterwards and my kids, who normally  baulk at the thought of chorizo, loved it, especially when I told them it was a type of sausage - after all I only used the mild chorizo not the really spicy one. I left out the kalamata olives as my kids arent keen on them- they only eat the anchovy stuffed ones- go figure?  I thought this recipe was 5/5 and I will definitely make it when I have some friends coming to stay in a few weeks time. It literally took about twenty minutes to make- enough time for a quick Sauvignon blanc whist helping the kids with their homework ie thanks to my TM, I was truly multi-tasking. In fact, has anyone thought of starting a topic called "perfect weeknight meals for busy mums"?
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 05:54:15 am »
In fact, has anyone thought of starting a topic called "perfect weeknight meals for busy mums"?

Oooh now that I would like to see!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 06:30:13 am »
Also I forgot to add that I made this with gluten free fettucine- just added the fettucine for 2 minutes at the end rather than 5 minutes as overlooking gluten free pasta tends to make it disintegrate.
I'm still interested in hearing from anyone who is interested in starting the new topic!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 06:35:37 am »
Would anyone mind pm'ing me this recipe? I'm still trying to decide which of the new books I would like to buy and more importantly which are going to be available in ebook format which I would much prefer but this recipe sounds like it would be a winner in our house.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:23:03 am »
Made this today, absolute yummy

Very very quick & easy

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:27:17 am by Hally »

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 07:46:21 am »
Yes Hally, it's addictive isn't it? My kids always hoe into this one.
Albert Einstein

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 08:51:17 am »
Yes it is, turned out much better than I thought it would.

Quick & easy so good to have as a last minute dish. I used mild chorizio so DS could eat it, but I reckonany sausage could be used.

This was so good, the 3 of us finished it in one day :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:44:35 pm by Halex »

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 11:05:35 am »
I made this tonight in my Thermo Chef. I had to use my butterfly as I don't have a reverse function. Next time I probably wouldn't add the cooked pasta into the TC bowl for the additional 5 mins, as the pasta just wound itself around the butterfly.
It got mixed reviews in my house. I enjoyed it, my DH didn't think it was spicy enough and needed more sauce, whilst the kids found it too spicy and too "tomato - ey".
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Connars nan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 12:01:16 pm »
Not sure where I went wrong but it was a bit dry ,my son in law loved it he loves chorizo and salami my daughter in law  did,nt really like it  thought it was dry as well , I will cook it again maybe I over cooked it

Offline inthekitchen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 12:56:00 pm »
Made this for dinner tonight.  Very easy, a perfect mid week meal.  It looked lovely served on the spinach.  I'll definitely make this again :)

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 01:27:52 am »
Have just brought QFITM and this is the first recipe I have made and we all really enjoyed it.  My chorizo though turned to mush but that didn't matter as it tasted lovely.  In my 2.5l thermoserver put some spinach leaves and then the fully cooked fettuccine and then covered with the sauce and mixed it through rather than doing it in the TMX. Looking forward to trying more recipes.