Author Topic: Eggs and Hollandaise QFITT page 16  (Read 3711 times)

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
Eggs and Hollandaise QFITT page 16
« on: February 11, 2012, 12:26:11 am »
We had the eggs and hollandaise with asparagus, no prosciutto in the shops, so used bacon for breakfast. Also added smoked salmon.

It is not a dish to do if you are hungry, or pushed for time. It is easy, but sll the steps take time. The posched eggs were really nice. Might use a little bit less vinegar in the sauce next time.

Its delicious! My camera is flat, so sorry no photo. 5/5 from us. Great weekend dish.

Elle

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Eggs and Hollandaise QFITT page 16
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:50:44 am »
Would you believe I made the Hollandaise and forgot to add the butter? The result was a luscious looking egg and vinegar fluffy sauce!!
I wasn't going to throw it away, so I washed the bowl and melted the correct amount of butter, then added the fluffy egg mixture and mixed it gently. Just shows that you can probably make this with even less butter.

Delicious! But, even 40g vinegar was too much for me. It also reheats well. I put it in a little pyrex jug in a saucepan of simmering water and stir it occasionally. I used the left overs on Tasmanian salmon by adding some mayonnaise and dill.

I didn't poach the eggs in the TM as I just poach in a saucepan of water with a dash of vinegar.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Ekusumo

• View Profile
Re: Eggs and Hollandaise QFITT page 16
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 09:02:23 am »
This recipe makes too much hollandaise in my opinion. I had to throw so much away because I didn't want to reuse it more than once. It was also too sour. I would cut down on the vinegar to half.