Author Topic: Dinner Spinner Recipe Review - Thai Fish Parcels  (Read 4101 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Dinner Spinner Recipe Review - Thai Fish Parcels
« on: February 06, 2012, 12:48:45 pm »
Just made this for dinner tonight - it's quite a quick and simple recipe.

I might start by saying that I am not a fan of coriander but it's the coriander butter that makes the dish (if you are a fan). I felt that the lime mixture, that is smeared on top, wasn't enough to cover the fillets and give enough flavour (there seems to be a lot more in the photo on the app but I'm not sure if this is for photographic purposes only)

I love how you cook the rice at the same time as steaming the fish and steaming it is a great way of doing it. We used barramundi which I don't think is the correct kind of fish to use but that's what we had in the freezer.

If you have already read my previous reviews, you would already know I'm a bit lazy with making salads or extras to go with the dish so we just had it as it was.

We would make this again but probably make more of the lime mixture next time (I also used dried chillies as didn't have fresh ones)

Here is a photo:

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dinner Spinner Recipe Review - Thai Fish Parcels
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 12:51:29 pm »
Looks delicious Tasty. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 01:00:57 pm »
Tasty, I think Barramundi is perfect for that recipe and as I love coriander this recipe is going to go down well when I get around to cooking it.  I don't think my local Foodland sell Barra but they usually have Flathead so I'll use that.  My two favourite fish are Barra and Flathead.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 08:42:28 am »
Had this tonight using Flathead fillets.  Quite nice but I thought it would be more flavoursome than it was.  The star of the plate was the Jacket Potato - obviously not the thing to serve with an Asian meal but I get to do 2 reviews this way and I felt rice would be too bland seeing as there is no sauce.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline himeliann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 12:41:15 am »
i did that recipe the other night but i didn't have coriander so i did just the fish. It was fresh and nice under the hot weather.
 I will have to try again with the butter !