Author Topic: Quick Fix in the Thermomix - Chicken & Coconut Rice p94  (Read 3429 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Quick Fix in the Thermomix - Chicken & Coconut Rice p94
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:51:56 pm »
We didn't have banana leaves, and so used foil. Was wondering tho perhaps wet baking paper may be a good substitute for banana leaves? A tasty dish, but not an ooh aah one. Recommend having a side dish as well with some steamed veges (we didn't) as the meal on itself needs some lifting. We travelled back from the weekend and nearly submitted to a takeaway meal so the score is still good  - we eat so well. 4/5
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Fix in the Thermomix - Chicken & Coconut Rice p94
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 04:17:19 am »
No banana leaves here either CP so I went with your suggestion of wet baking paper. I was a bit worried about the quantity of spices but went with the recipe and it wasn't as hot as I thought it would be.  I left mine in the thermosaver whilst I cooked the stir fried cabbage to go with it and I found it was then lacking sauce.  Guess you are meant to serve it immediately but on it's own I agree with CP, it is not a complete meal. I have 4 parcels left so will probably make a light curry sauce or something to pour over the top when I reheat them.  Not bad but a lot of work involved for a chicken curry.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.