Author Topic: Recipe Review Mac and Cheese Dinner Spinner page 37  (Read 5186 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Recipe Review Mac and Cheese Dinner Spinner page 37
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:17:55 pm »
This is Chelsea's review from another thread

I made the mac & cheese tonight from the spinner and we enjoyed it.  The method was perfect - bechamel lovely consistency and perfect amount of bechamel for pasta!  It made a really large dish full and if served for lunch with a garden salad and bread rolls would probably feed 8 adults. Next time I would try replacing the swiss cheese with grated tasty to reduce the cost (but keep the feta). The swiss cheese was lovely though. My boys do go crazy over basic mac & cheese (Cookies chicken and bacon version minus the chicken), but they ate this flavoursome version without any fuss. I think this will really appeal to adult taste buds - comfort food at it's best.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline NomesFog

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review Mac and Cheese Dinner Spinner page 37
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 12:07:37 pm »
Can't say I was much of a fan....never really eaten mac n cheese before...but I love cheese so thought it would be up my alley...maybe it's just not my thing  :-\
followed the recipe to the letter, but it seemed quite thick...but like i said...it's not something i've ever made before..

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:54:00 pm »
I might have to try this one. DS loved mac n cheese in Hawaii, the ones I have made he doesnt like. He didnt like cookies version, didnt like my version, only Hawaiin  mac n cheese ???

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 11:27:28 am »
I downloaded the Dinner Spinner app for android (it's on my phone and tablet) and is super easy to use. I had most of the ingredients for the Mac and cheese already so that was the first dish I've made, it was a great success!

The sauce was a great consistency and just the right amount for the pasta (I used macaroni), great family friendly recipe for my almost 2yo DD and flavoursome enough for DH & I. We had left over broccoli salad from the EDC for our veggie fix. The only problem for me was that I forgot to pre-cook the pasta so it wasn't quite as quick to prepare as I was hoping for....next time I'm going to put the pasta on then start the sauce so it all might be ready at the right time.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 12:06:07 am »
Making 1/2 the recioe today for cp.

Jam, just put the pasta in the thermoserver & pour boiling water over it & let it stand.

Making the full amount, I had a whole pkt of macaroni :)

:)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:29:59 am by Halex »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 08:28:59 am »
I hope he  likes this version Hally. :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 12:38:20 am »
Yes he said it was OK, but its not like restaurants mac n cheese ??? I didnt use feta, cheddar & parmesan.

So still nit what he wants :o