Author Topic: Pavlova from In the Mix  (Read 4599 times)

Offline snappy

• View Profile
Pavlova from In the Mix
« on: January 26, 2012, 09:26:15 am »
I've read that people have had all sorts of problems making pavlova in the Thermomix but it was Australia Day and I was responsible for taking dessert to lunch so it just had to be pavlova!!!  I did make it the night before so if it didn't work out I could just go to the supermarket this morning and grab a pre made one.   :-))

Dani's recipe says to leave the egg whites in a bowl, uncovered, at room temp for about 24 hours.  I didn't have time for that but as my eggs were straight from the fridge, I put them in a bowl of warm water whilst I did the clean.  Dani gives some great instructions on how to clean the bowl so there is no traces of fats/grease which would stop the eggs from beating up. The only thing I found was after cleaning my bowl was quite hot (about 80c according to the temp scale) and I was worried if I put the egg whites straight in they might scramble.  So I had to but the bowl in the fridge for about 5 mins to cool down before I could start.

I think the thorough clean is the success to getting the eggs to beat up so I would recommend not skipping this step, otherwise you might end up wasting a lot of egg whites.

I followed the instructions and ended up with a beatutiful marshmallow pavlova with a crusty meringue exterior.  I was quite concerned because the exterior was so crisp, what it would be like underneath but it was absolutely perfect and everyone was telling me how fantastic it was.  I will definitely be making this pavlova recipe again!

If you haven't had success with making a pav in the thermomix in the past I recommend you give this recipe a go(the cleaning is the secret).  I wish I had photos to show just how perfect it was but alas it was gone in a snap!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Pavlova from In the Mix
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 10:32:05 am »
mine didn't work out, but I should give it another go
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pavlova from In the Mix
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 07:58:48 am »
Thanks snappy. I'll give it a go.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/