Author Topic: Recipe Review Beetroot Smoothie Quick Fix in the TMX page 208  (Read 4329 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Recipe Review Beetroot Smoothie Quick Fix in the TMX page 208
« on: January 24, 2012, 11:40:52 pm »
I am not a great lover of healthy smoothies but having bought a bunch of beetroot yesterday, decided to give this one a go. I halved the recipe for myself only but ended up with 2 glasses. Once you got used to the taste, it was surprisingly good and when I gave DH a sip thinking he would turn his nose up at it, he did like it so it was a good thing it made 2 glasses ;D
I didn't have a pantry full of 'super foods' so for that element I managed to scrounge enough goji berries and added some vitamin C - had never heard of most of the other super foods listed.
Verdict - a tasty, refreshing start to another hot day.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline VieveMS

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review Beetroot Smoothie Quick Fix in the TMX page 208
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 02:17:30 am »
I made this today as I was cleaning out the fridge and realised I had quite a few beetroots that should be used soon.

I didn't have any celery so threw in some of the roots/leaves from the beetroot instead.  This is really quick to make and quite tasty.  A winner with me (although not too dissimilar to other smoothies I have made where I just throw in whatever is in the fridge!)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Review Beetroot Smoothie Quick Fix in the TMX page 208
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 07:04:40 am »
Mmm. I'm not sure about this. I love beetroot but.............
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/