Author Topic: REVIEW - Chick Pea & Cashew Nut Curry - Dinner Spinner  (Read 17971 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: REVIEW - Chick Pea & Cashew Nut Curry - Dinner Spinner
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 04:14:03 am »
there could be a recipe in it for Paris Brest, and I may have lingered a little longer than I should have at the photo  :) I was just testing myself to see if I could almost taste it if I thought about, and then I just gave up cos thats just MAD
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 04:28:57 am »
What a tease you are CP.  :D

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2012, 11:15:57 am »

Glad that you mostly like Dinner Spinner, but it is a work in progress….

Tenina, you've put my faith back into TM cook books!   I haven't liked all the recipes, but most of them.  That happens with all recipe books.  We all like different things, and flavours, but for me you've managed to put the right flavours together very well and like you say with tweaks here and there we can make them our own.

Personally I can't wait for your new book and will buy it without hesitation, sight unseen.  Not something I ever do.  :D
I feel exactly the same JulieO.I'm really hanging out for this new book of yours Tenina :D.
Thanks girls…you keep me going…can be tough out here in the big bad world!! hahahaha

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2012, 12:58:55 pm »
I made a this tonight.  As it is only me I tonight (DW has gone to Perth for a couple of days) I made a i/2 quantity. I liked the flavour but I had the same issue as other people with the chickpeas going mushy.  I did use tinned and my try this again cooking my own chickpeas.  I like faffa's idea of the steaming greens to serve with it and I will try that next time.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 12:56:46 pm »
Chelsea's review from another posting

December 06, 2011
I really wanted to make a dish from the spinner for dinner tonight.  The only dish that I had all the ingredients for was the chickpea curry though.  I was hesitant as vegetarian curries aren't a big favourite in our house, but I decided to proceed anyway.  The curry cooked up beautifully (the method was perfect) and was lovely and thick.  The flavour was really nice and if you like chickpea curries I think you will really enjoy this! We quite enjoyed it. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2012, 11:47:55 am »
I made this last night for supper for DS and myself.I did soak dried chickpeas the night before and cook them in the TM for 50 minutes before proceeding with the recipe.Some went mushy but I was pleased on how they held up in the finished dish.We both enjoyed it but would add more chilli next time ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Bonsai

Re:
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2013, 01:25:52 pm »
Mushy is an issue. Tinned chickpeas seem to vary a lot in how soft they are. I would suggest a taste test and adjust cooking time down if the chickpeas seem soft - you're really reheating so use as little time as will work to get everything hot. I think you could also reduce the amount of coconut milk to have a less liquid curry if you prefer.

A yummy recipe. I put a mix of toasted cashews and macadamias on top as it was what I had. Hiding leftovers to eat when DH is out tomorrow night 😊

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2013, 01:14:43 pm »
I made this tonight in my Thermochef with Sienna brand chickpeas. I was a little worried that my chickpeas would turn to mush as I don't have a reverse function (and I didn't use my butterfly either) but they kept their shape really well. I substituted coconut evaporated milk for the coconut milk and only had unsalted cashews in the fridge. I really enjoyed this although the kids found it too spicy as the two tiny chillies I used were very hot.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous