Author Topic: Chicken Peanut Curry - Meat on the Menu  (Read 5175 times)

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
Chicken Peanut Curry - Meat on the Menu
« on: December 04, 2011, 08:48:06 am »
We had this for dinner last night. The kids (who don't like any sauce or gravy much) enjoyed the chicken minus the sauce. DH and I really enjoyed the whole meal. The sauce was so tasty I added a little bit too much... three quarters of the way through I decided that it was maybe a bit too rich.

We added some carrot as well as the beans (I don't feel right with just one vegetable...). I think next time we would use less of the peanut butter (maybe only 180gm) and if it was only for our family I would use half the sauce amounts anyway. Having said that I have put the remaining sauce into the freezer and will see if it defrosts OK.

We gave this a 4.5 out of 5.
Kerryn

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Peanut Curry - Meat on the Menu
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 12:48:10 am »
Thanks Kerryn. Could you use the rest of the sauce as a satay sauce? I really like the sound of this recipe. I haven't made much out of MOTM.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 12:52:15 am »
Cookie I think you definitely could do that. The sauce is really tasty and would be nice as a dipping sauce. I am interested to see how well it recovers from being frozen. I never did understand the theory behind what freezes and what doesn't.
Kerryn

Offline NomesFog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 09:10:17 am »
This is AWESOME! Just like the satay we had in Malaysia!

I must say that I changed the method quite a bit...after all I've got a Thermie...why would I grate the palm sugar and make the peanut butter beforehand when I can do it all together???!!!
The recipe is easy but with these tweeks it became even EASIER!

Firstly I cooked the meat (i used pork loin cubes) in a pan at the same time as making the sauce.
Cooked my curry paste off first (i keep mine in little containers in the freezer so had to blitz it first) then added all the other sauce ingredients (I put in whole peanuts instead of peanut butter and 60grams of palm sugar in chunks instead of 2tbs grated) and then just wizzed them all up on speed 9-10 for 10-20secs.
After giving it a little cook I then added the sauce to the meat and went ahead and cooked the rice (with veggies in the Varoma up the top)

Love love love this recipe and willl be making it again for sure!
Yes it made plenty of sauce but when you add a Varoma FULL of veggies into the mix then the sauce is all used up  ;D

Offline inthekitchen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 12:19:37 pm »
I really enjoyed this :) I made the sauce earlier in the day & cooked the rice & chicken at dinner time.  When I reheated the sauce I added a dash of lime juice & a bit of chicken stock to thin it out a bit & reduce the richness.  I'd definitely make this again.  I have a heap of sauce left over in the freezer that I'll use to make a satay stir fry sometime.