Author Topic: Proscuitto Rolled chicken in cream sauce  (Read 14513 times)

Offline hepiwhanau

• View Profile
Proscuitto Rolled chicken in cream sauce
« on: November 19, 2011, 07:59:43 am »
This is not an original recipe. It was found at the following website.  http://mythermomixhints.wordpress.com/2011/09/06/proscuitto-rolled-chicken-breast-in-cream-sauce/

This has definitely become a family favourite and is so easy to prepare a complete meal in the Themomix from the meat to the vegies and even the sauce.

Name of Recipe: Proscuitto Rolled chicken in cream sauce
Number of People: 4

Ingredients:
1 Slice Bread
1/2 Onion (75g approx)
2 lge Cloves Garlic
Small handful of Italian Parsley
50g Sundried Tomato
20g Olive Oil
Pinch of Raw sugar
2 Chicken Breast
4 Slices Proscuitto
10g Butter
100ml White wine
400ml Water
100ml Cream
tsp (5g) Cornflour
1- 2 tsp Dijon or grain Mustard
1 tsp stock concentrate (optional)

Preparation:

Place bread slice in Tm, 5 secs, speed 9,  Put crumbs to one side

Place 1 clove of garlic and onion in bowl and chop 3 sec, speed 7.  
Add Parsley and Sundried Tomato and chop 3 sec, Speed 6.
Scrape down sides of bowl and saute in olive oil for 3 mins, 100 degrees, speed soft.

When finished add the breadcrumbs and a pinch of sugar,  5 secs Speed 3/4 to combine.

Open out chicken breast so heart shaped and bash with meat hammer in the thickest places until roughly 1 centimetre even thickness.

Line bench top with a piece of Clingfilm about 40cm vertically.  Lay 2 slices of procuitto on clingfilm going up the bench then place the chicken across it.

Cover half nearest to you with stuffing, then roll using the clingfilm to guide it over without trapping it inside (like a bamboo mat with sushi), squeezing roll gently as half way mark to keep the roll tight.

Once rolled, roll tightly in cling securing sides by twisting, then get another piece of cling film and wrap again for added thickness.
Repeat process, then put both rolls into Varoma tray and set aside.

Chop remaining garlic clove, 3 sec, speed 7.  Scrape down.
Add butter and saute 2 mins, 100 degrees, speed soft, add wine and water then put lid and varoma in place.
Steam for30 mins, Varoma temp, speed 2

N.B  For a complete meal stop after 10- 15 mins and add rice basket with diced potatoes (3 cm cube max) and add veg of choice to the varoma
When timer goes off, squeeze chicken it should feel firm if not give it another 5 mins and test again. Once the meat is cooked remove varoma and set aside.

There should be a small amount of cooking liquid left, add cream, cornflour, mustard and stock if using (stock can always be added at the end and blended through, you do not want the sauce over salty).
Cook for 3 mins, 90 degrees, speed 4

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does.  ;D

members' comments

nola276 - I made this with a couple of changes.  You see I am on a Low Carb, High Protein diet so I left out the little bit of sugar, substituted the slice of bread with Parmesan cheese and used Xantham gum to thicken the sauce.  I can honestly say that I haven't had a meal like it for many a long time.  I simply can't believe that something soooo tasty is diet food!  Served it with green beans and broccoli.  Thank you so much, this is a regular from now on.

JulieO - I made this and it was delicious!  I halved the recipe as it was just for DH and I.  Thanks for a great recipe, definitely a keeper.  I sauteed some swiss brown mushrooms in a little butter and plenty of ground white pepper (in a non-stick frypan), removed them from the pan and when the chicken was ready, I unwrapped it and quickly browned it off in the same frypan.  I put it onto a bread board and quickly put the mushies back in the pan to warm through while I sliced the chicken. Worth doing that extra step I think.

maddy - This was yum.  Didn't have time to brown it but tasted fine. I added 1 tsp each of Dijon & seeded mustard....sauce was lovely.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:03:09 am by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Proscuitto Rolled chicken in cream sauce
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 08:26:11 am »
It's a lovely looking dish hepiwhanau.  I had mentioned this one on the forum and given the link but now we have someone who has actually done it, that's even better.  Thanks for the posting and recommendation.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline hepiwhanau

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 08:46:57 am »
It definitely is a lovely dish as so easy to prepare.
I did not realise anyone had already posted it otherwise I would have just recommended through your link.
You must try it for yourself Judy. I made it tonight for just 2 of us and the half serve works perfectly. I do however like the sauce a little thicker so I added a little extra cornflour.
Highly recommended   ;D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:52:21 am by hepiwhanau »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 08:52:36 am »
Maddy did something similar here so I added the link after that to show it could be done in the TMX.   Your posting will be easier to find than the link so thanks for that. I've done a similar thing pre TMX but have yet to do this one.  I will one day, just need to get around to it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 03:23:45 am »
The photo makes it look very yum.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 04:46:55 am »
It sure does, another one to try, thanks for posting.  :D

Offline hepiwhanau

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 11:25:43 am »
You are welcome Julie. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. You can really add anything to the filling that you like. I've tried putting different types of cheese in it as well..very tasty  :)

Offline nola276

• Fishing, Caravanning, Painting and now Cooking.
    • View Profile
    • Watercolour Walkabout
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 11:39:14 am »
Hi, I made this tonight with a couple of changes.  You see I am on a Low Carb, High Protein diet so I left out the little bit of sugar, substituted the slice of bread with Parmesan cheese and used Xantham gum to thicken the sauce.  I can honestly say that I haven't had a meal like it for many a long time.  I simply can't believe that something soooo tasty is diet food!  Served it with green beans and broccoli.  Thank you so much, this is a regular from now on.
Cheers, Nola.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why it's called the present.
My Blog: http://watercolourwalkabout.blogspot.com/

Offline kirstwoman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 05:23:42 am »
Thanks for all the great comments, it is so good to hear people enjoying my recipe and having the confidence to tweak them for their own dietary requiremnets and taste.
I have just posted a Turkey wrapped in bacon version for christmas which is basically the same, Its one of those recipes you can really play around with and get great results.  :)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 06:14:09 am »
I made this today and it was delicious!  I halved the recipe as it was just for DH and I.  Thanks for a great recipe, definitely a keeper.  :D

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:00:45 am by judydawn »

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 06:33:44 am »
looks delicious Julie  :-*  bet the chicken was tender too.
Like the simplicity of the sauce as well. 
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 06:48:17 am »
Looks great Julie. It looks like yours have been browned a littl, did you finish off in the oven?

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 07:00:38 am »
Thanks Maddy, yes it was so tender, really lovely.  :)

Wonder, I sauteed some swiss brown mushrooms in a little butter and plenty of ground white pepper (in a non-stick frypan), removed them from the pan, and when the chicken was ready, I unwrapped it and quickly browned it off in the same frypan.  I put it onto a bread board and quickly put the mushies back in the pan to warm through while I sliced the chicken. Worth doing that extra step I think.  ;D

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 08:50:18 am »
This was yum.  Didn't have time to brown it, but tasted fine.

I added 1 tsp each of Dijon & seeded mustard....sauce was lovely.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:02:59 am by judydawn »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Jacq

• View Profile
    • Jacq's Thermomix Recepten
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 09:54:48 am »
I'm going to try this recipe tonight. Thanks a lot, it looks lovely!
Jacqueline, Ridderkerk, Holland