Author Topic: "In the Mix: Great Thermomix Recipes"  (Read 42107 times)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
"In the Mix: Great Thermomix Recipes"
« on: October 13, 2011, 02:06:31 pm »
Hi everyone! Long time no see  ;D Been too busy to get on here much... Should really be in bed but thought I'd pop by and see what's been happening lately. Surprised there's no chat about "In the Mix" yet - anyone got it? What do you think of it? I love it! I've made a few of the recipes, and hope to make lots more... I know there's lots of restaurant type recipes that not everyone would bother making, but lots of them have 'parts' that could be made on their own, like caramel sauce, or an hazelnut praline, or sauces... There's just so many inspirational ideas and recipes, makes me want to get in the kitchen and start cooking! What about you guys? Have you seen it yet? What do you think?
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
Re: "In the Mix: Great Thermomix Recipes"
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 02:19:54 pm »
I got the book on Monday and love it, still pouring over it, there is so much I want to try. Love the idea of the "parts" in the recipes, 3 recipes in 1. I made the Tangine Chicken with out the Harissa paste. Was a bit nervous when I read how many birds eye chillies it needed. DH loved the flavor. Also like that it has serving sizes for each recipe.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 01:28:47 am »
As soon as I heard about it on the forum I emailed my consultant. she said "gee you're quick" (sometimes I suspect I know about things before she does cos she's not a member of this forum  ;)) No doubt I will get it soon and look through it for inspiration but the nuts and bolts of my TM cooking if from the forum. I'm very curious though to see it.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 10:24:33 pm »
Yes, harissa paste is notoriously hot - don't blame you for leaving it out!!
CP, it's a lovely book, hope you can get one soon!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 12:44:12 am »
I received a copy yesterday - it is not for me, I am sending it over to CC in the UK.  I did have her permission to have a good browse though and although it is a lovely book, I found very few recipes I would do (8 in all, mainly desserts) as the recipes are certainly restaurant quality and not really targeted at the home cook who has to get her meals on the table lickety split generally. If you entertain a lot and are prepared to do all the steps, I think it would be great but those with young children would be hard pressed to find too many suitable recipes.  If you just want a nice coffee table type recipe book, this certainly fits that bill but if you can check it out before you buy, I would go down that track. I will be interested to hear what others think when they get their copies, the idea of picking bits and pieces from some of the 3 stage recipes is a good one but still not enough for me to buy a copy for myself.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 02:15:00 am »
I've ordered mine so will look forward to seeing what it's like. It may well become a coffee table book, but I have so many cookbooks anyway. I'm looking forward to Tenina's book too. I have so many cookbooks and cooking magazines from years I'm begionning to believe I have a serious problem. :P
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 10:22:04 am »
There are some pretty different recipes in it, but it's exciting to see such special recipes, and to have them to make now and then for special occasions :)

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 01:21:33 pm »
Posh restaurant recipes made easy. This is what I've been looking for in a tm cookbook all this time. I don't have trouble convertig everyday recipes, so this is a good book for someone like me who is looking for something with just that little bit extra.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 04:01:12 am »
After having a thorough look through this book which I received on Friday still undecided - a bit the same as I feel about MWOC + FSA. :)  :) Perhaps I will use it more as the coffee table book!!!!!!  :)  :)  Hope Tenina's book develops more enthusiasm for me!!!!!  :o
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:03:39 am by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 05:03:38 am »
I was pretty disappointed with the MWOC, so haven't bought ITM. I'd like to look through it first to see what I'd make out of it.
If ever I do restaurant style meals, I just convert standard recipes.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 05:19:15 am »
I cant even get an answer from them...wanted a copy now not even sure them deserve my purchase...sent them an email ages ago and nothing...nada....pathetic if you ask me.... >:(
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 05:30:11 am »
They probably wouldn't think you be interested once you learnt the cost of the postage frozzie - the book is quite big and weighs 1.2 kgs.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Nerida

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 09:43:04 am »
I hope I like it! My sister has ordered it for my birthday... it has not turned up yet, I hope it comes soon!!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 09:48:16 am »
They probably wouldn't think you be interested once you learnt the cost of the postage frozzie - the book is quite big and weighs 1.2 kgs.

i should still have the option of deciding for myself...i often pay as much if not more in postage than what the item costs...im used to it even if it shocks alot of people when you live overseas its just part and parcel of getting things you want...  when my parents send bits and pieces for the kids they are often well over a hundred dollars in postage costs...i just ordered the rainbow books and postage was just as much as the books and got some books sent a while back from a lovely forum member again high postage...always is....didnt appreciate not even getting a reply thats all...their loss..maybe they will learn when the hype of the book calms down
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 11:26:20 am »
I am more than happy with this book there is lots I want to cook from it. I enjoy cooking restaurant quality meals, and love to try new recipes.
I prefer this book to the other 2 TM coffee books Full Steam ahead and Travelling with TM I haven't made anything out of either, was thinking the other day of getting rid of them.
Frozzie I now how you feel, we have lived in some remote places and I have paid more in postage than what the product cost. Before internet the fax machine use to get a beating, we use to have catalogue days when we would all get together and place orders for stuff in Australia and the US, clothing, books and craft material.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!