Author Topic: Does anyone own a Phillips Airfryer?  (Read 350440 times)

Offline rostess

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone own a Phillips Airfryer?
« Reply #1485 on: May 22, 2015, 06:10:14 am »
I have just bought myself a Philips air fryer and have noticed a couple of recipes say to put foil in the bottom. Is this in the bottom of the basket, or the base? I cooked sausage rolls and they stuck a bit to the mesh basket so though that lining the basket with baking paper might be a good idea next time, but I don't know if it would interfere with the cooking process.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: May 22, 2015, 06:33:08 am »
Rostess if I'm cooking something which will stick I put either alfoil or baking paper in the actual basket until part way through the cooking and then remove it if possible. If I'm cooking something that is particularly messy with liquid of fat that drips through I put the alfoil on the bottom so it's easier to clean.

Offline rostess

• View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: May 22, 2015, 06:58:59 am »
Thanks Wonder.

Offline rostess

• View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: May 22, 2015, 07:34:57 am »
I was going to try cooking Chevup sausages in it tonight but I noticed in the manual it says not to cook foods with a lot of fat, such as sausages. Has anyone tried chevups in it? They're not very fatty.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: May 23, 2015, 02:52:30 am »
I cooked chipolatas last night. I put a bit of foil underneath too catch fat and shake frequently. I love how it cooks them. Crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
Denise