Author Topic: Greek Inspired Lamb patties  (Read 6860 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Greek Inspired Lamb patties
« on: September 01, 2011, 12:40:02 pm »
Name of Recipe:  Greek Inspired Lamb Patties (converted from Donna Hay recipe)
Number of People:  4-5

Ingredients:

Peeled skin of 1/2 a lemon
1 sprig rosemary leaves
120g couscous
1 tsp. TM chicken stock paste
290g boiled water
600g lamb mince
2 Tbsp. honey
40g crumbled fetta (I used marinated cows fetta)
cracked pepper

Preparation:

Place peeled skin of 1/2 lemon & rosemary leaves into jug.  
Chop 10 seconds, speed 8.  Scrape down jug, and chop another 10 secs., speed 8.
scrape down, and add the couscous.  Add chicken paste, then boiled water.  Mix speed 1 for a few seconds.
Place MC on, and sit for 5 minutes to allow the stock to absorb.
Add in the mince, honey, crumbled fetta and cracked pepper.
Mix on  :: for 1 minute 30 seconds.  Use TM spatula to help mix in the mixture.

Use an ice cream scoop to get equal amounts of mixture (around 16 smaller patties).....you can make larger, but smaller easier for turning.
Place on a large baking tray line with greaseproof paper, and chill uncovered in fridge for at least 30 minutes.

Heat oil in frypan and cook around 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through.

Tips/Hints:

I served them with large pita breads, toasted with Judy's garlic sauce added chopped cos lettuce, tomatoes, and drizzled with minted yoghurt..

members' comments

Twitterpated -  I minced the lamb myself and pretty much followed the recipe. They were awesome - so tasty and the family is already asking when we are having them again. I had some Moroccan Lamb left over (mostly sauce) and DH had the patties with this for lunch the next day. His comment was "just beautiful we can have them again any time". Thanks for posting Maddy. I finally have a lamb recipe I love.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:18:18 pm by judydawn »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Inspired Lamb patties
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 07:16:45 pm »
Lovely photo Maddy,they look delicious.I probably would have to make them bigger and slap them in a burger bun for DH.Serving them with Judy's garlic sauce is a fantastic idea. 8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 01:39:26 am »
Thanks for the recipe Maddy:  a good one for BBQs now that the weather is warming up! + a recipe using lamb!- too any chicken recipes  :)
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:41:38 am »
Thanks for the recipe Maddie, they look and sound great, if the weather is warm this weekend I might give them a try on the BBQ.  Do you use pre made minced lamb? I still find I don't have success mixing minced meat in the TMX and find it easier to just put it all in a bowl and mix with my hands.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 03:19:10 am »
I did buy it pre-minced Wonder....which is shame as we had quite a bit of lamb minced (from our own stock)....but it was way too fatty  :(
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 10:33:33 pm »
Made these this week for dinner. Minced the lamb myself and pretty much followed the recipe. They were awesome - so tasty and the family is already asking when we are having them again. I had some Moroccan Lamb left over (mostly sauce) and DH had the patties with this for lunch the next day. His comment was "just beautiful we can have them again any time". Thanks for posting Maddy. I finally have a lamb recipe I love.