Author Topic: Chicken stock paste  (Read 27025 times)

Offline jmc296

• View Profile
Re: Chicken stock paste
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2013, 09:36:35 am »
Great, thanks.  As I can't see it lasting all that long (I eat a lot of chicken stuff one way or another), it should be fine.  The freezing idea is good too though - except that my freezer is in the garden shed so not exactly to hand!   :)

J

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2015, 12:34:11 am »
I'm resurrecting this thread to see how many are still making their own stock. I've never made the TMX stock pastes but we do use a lot of stock in our dishes and would like to move away from the purchased stock powders and liquid stocks. How do you think this compares to the flavour of purchased powders and liquids? I'm thinking of making them with a little less salt and keeping in the freezer. I don't think anything really beats the flavour of fresh liquid stock but I just don't have the space to store it in our freezer.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2015, 03:34:02 am »
Wonder, I make Brons veggie stock paste, use less salt and keep it in freezer. I have tried all the stocks for TMX and think this the best. I have just madeveggie soup for lunch and added 1 dessertspoon? don't like Teninas as itisbased on chicken skin.  However The flavor is very good.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2015, 03:47:22 am »
thanks Chookie. I think I'll make a batch of each chicken, beef and vegetable without quite as much salt and store in the freezer in tablespoon quantities. We use a lot of stock and I'm keen to get away from the purchased ones but need something quick to make and easy to store and use. I never made Tenina's one because of the chicken skin being the main ingredient.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2015, 05:57:42 am »
I always have the vegie stock on hand and sometimes make Quirky Jo's chicken stock. I use them for everything. If a soup doesn't have the oomph I just add some stock and stir it in. I don't add any salt to anything though as the stock has plenty.
I tend to use about 1 teaspoon of vegie stock per 250 ml of liquid.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2015, 08:46:10 am »
Like Chookie I use Bron's Veggie Stock Recipe Wonder.I also use Quirky Cooking's Chicken stock paste recipe.I believe hers is based on the recipe from MWOC.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2015, 11:42:33 am »
I make the veg stock recipe from EDC and freeze it in a tub and scoop out tablespoons as I need it.