Author Topic: Lemon Chicken Pancakes recipe review  (Read 4436 times)

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lemon Chicken Pancakes recipe review
« on: August 03, 2011, 07:40:42 am »
This is from Meat on the Menu, page 86.

I had some frozen crepes so thought I'd give half quantity of this a go even though the recipe did seem a bit strange to me. Asian type chicken in a cold crepe with no sauce to bind the filling together  ???

The filling was nice but cold crepes don't do it for me so I popped them into the oven (I had it on anyway) to heat and crisp up a bit.  Served with a bit of home made sweet chilli sauce but as there was nothing to bind the filling together, it all just fell out when you tried to cut it. 

Not something I would do again but the filling would be nice cold in rice paper rolls with lettuce etc.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
Re: Lemon Chicken Pancakes recipe review
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 07:59:18 am »
Thanks for the review JD - it certainly does sound a bit weird and I think I'll give it a miss after your experiences.   ;)

Offline em

• Me and my little spiderman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 08:13:58 am »
We had this tonight, i had to agree with jd it needs a sauce to bind it all together. the flavour was ok, i am not really a fan of the texture of shredded chicken, if i made it again i would leave the chicken in pieces. as for the pancakes/crepes they were really nice and we served them warm with a salad.
Emma from Victoria

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 05:43:56 am »
I love the Crepes Tabriz from the Pancake Parlour, and I love shredded chicken, so this recipe sounds like something I'd love, but I haven't got that recipe book, so I might need to get it.