Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4509111 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #13125 on: November 23, 2014, 07:06:59 am »
I agree entirely, getting some ideas for Christmas cookie?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:14:48 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13126 on: November 23, 2014, 08:55:17 am »
Enjoy your rest with the cookbooks cookie :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13127 on: November 23, 2014, 09:53:39 am »
I have so many Christmas cookbooks it isn't funny. I still bring them all out every year and look through them. Then decide to have the same things we have every year as it is tradition.  ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #13128 on: November 23, 2014, 09:53:50 am »
You can't go wrong with Women's Weekly Cookbooks - rest up and enjoy the books Cookie.

I need another cookbook like a hole in the head but while we have been away, we have eaten at The Cardamom Pod at Byron Bay, it a Hare Krishna restaurant and to quote DH " I didn't expect it to be bad but didn't think it would be this good." The food was excellent. So I couldn't resist this cookbook.
We also ate at Mana Haven, the Adventist café which was a mix of vegetarian and vegan, also really good food.

Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13129 on: November 23, 2014, 09:57:52 am »
Michelle,you never know where you find good food these days. :D

some fancy restaurants have crappy food / service
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #13130 on: November 23, 2014, 10:03:35 am »
Cookbook looks great Cookie; I haven't done much cooking or anything else for that matter, for the last few weeks as I am still coughing.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13131 on: November 23, 2014, 11:23:08 am »
I have so many Christmas cookbooks it isn't funny. I still bring them all out every year and look through them. Then decide to have the same things we have every year as it is tradition.  ;D ;D

Same here Cookie
Denise

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13132 on: November 23, 2014, 11:24:38 am »
I haven't done much cooking or anything else for that matter, for the last few weeks as I am still coughing.
Get well soon Troupie. :-* Those nasty bugs are a devil to get rid of.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13133 on: November 23, 2014, 01:02:58 pm »
You can't go wrong with Women's Weekly Cookbooks - rest up and enjoy the books Cookie.

I need another cookbook like a hole in the head but while we have been away, we have eaten at The Cardamom Pod at Byron Bay, it a Hare Krishna restaurant and to quote DH " I didn't expect it to be bad but didn't think it would be this good." The food was excellent. So I couldn't resist this cookbook.
We also ate at Mana Haven, the Adventist café which was a mix of vegetarian and vegan, also really good food.

Glad you are enjoying your holiday Mich and being very disciplined with your vegan diet.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13134 on: November 23, 2014, 01:25:19 pm »
Troupie that is awful. Have you seen the doctor?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #13135 on: November 23, 2014, 09:00:25 pm »
Troupie, my cough hung around for about three weeks after I was over the cold symptoms, I found a spoonful,of Manuka honey was the answer.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13136 on: November 23, 2014, 09:32:24 pm »
", we have eaten at The Cardamom Pod at Byron Bay, it a Hare Krishna restaurant and to quote DH " I didn't expect it to be bad but didn't think it would be this good." The food was excellent. So I couldn't resist"

Not surprised you like that restaurant my DSand DIL used  to make food for that place as well as another at Brunswick Heads..

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #13137 on: November 23, 2014, 10:18:56 pm »
That book looks lovely Mich. The Hare Krishna restaurant in Melbourne has always had quite a good reputation but I've never been able to get DH or the kids to eat there - might be time I tried again.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #13138 on: November 24, 2014, 05:33:34 am »
", we have eaten at The Cardamom Pod at Byron Bay, it a Hare Krishna restaurant and to quote DH " I didn't expect it to be bad but didn't think it would be this good." The food was excellent. So I couldn't resist"

Not surprised you like that restaurant my DSand DIL used  to make food for that place as well as another at Brunswick Heads..

Gert

I was thinking of your DS and his family when we ate there Gert - I remember you posting the photo of him when he left the school he was working at and leaving for overseas. How are they going?
Wonder, get the family to have a go, the atmosphere was really good with some live Krishna music, very peaceful.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #13139 on: November 24, 2014, 05:47:40 am »
Another purchase today  :o We are home again and I've come back with a renewed enthusiasm to minimalise. I walked into the store intending to buy a Kindle and spotted an ipad mini at not that much more cost and have left with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.  :-))

I have managed to get onto the internet and next I will see if I can take a photo and post it on the forum.  

I'm not a big fan of the cover - it's not a Samsung one but I wanted red, so next I'm off to Helene's site to purchase a Kribit. I need some scrubbies and spatulas for myself and for Xmas gifts.