Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4503707 times)

Offline KristySpiegl

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #14145 on: July 21, 2015, 09:33:52 am »
It uses the streaming platforms from the Internet (Netflix, Presto and a few others, as well as youtube.) And sends the shows/movies to play on my TV.
So it's like using Foxtel on demand or something like that.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14146 on: July 21, 2015, 11:57:33 am »
Thanks, I think I understand.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #14147 on: July 21, 2015, 12:17:28 pm »
Just curious Kristy, do you have a smart TV? If yes, there is an app you can download on your mobile/tablet which is called T-Beam, and you can stream almost anything on to the TV. Only need to make sure the tab/mobile and TV are on wi-fi and they can be paired.

Jam, that container looks wonderful, when did you buy it? I have been looking for a nice big container for flour and rice for a long time and have never found anything bigger than a 8lt at KMART which I dont like much..

Thermilover I bought it last Wednesday, the day they were released. I hope you are able to get one :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #14148 on: July 22, 2015, 11:44:55 pm »
Apologize my ignorance Kristy.
Just got to know from my colleague that it is to enable internet on TV. I hope you enjoy streaming :)

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #14149 on: July 23, 2015, 01:07:29 pm »
We have a new smart TV but unfortunately, not smart operators. Havent even worked out how to record a show yet although be bought the recorder with it. Where are the GKs.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14150 on: July 23, 2015, 01:12:23 pm »
LOL Troupie ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #14151 on: July 23, 2015, 01:17:05 pm »
Great shopping everyone; Chookie I love Ecco shoes but they are so expensive here in the West and never on sale. I have some ankle lace up boots and they were over $250 but oh so comfortable so they will probably last a long e.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #14152 on: July 23, 2015, 11:06:53 pm »
I haven't seen you on much lately Troupie, I figured you must have been on a shopping spree.
I think we may get a smart TV when DH retires sometime. He is the smart one, I leave all things techno up to him.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14153 on: July 23, 2015, 11:38:43 pm »
I haven't seen you on much lately Troupie, I figured you must have been on a shopping spree.
I think we may get a smart TV when DH retires sometime. He is the smart one, I leave all things techno up to him.
We have a new smart TV but unfortunately, not smart operators. Havent even worked out how to record a show yet although be bought the recorder with it. Where are the GKs.

Girls girls girls. You gotta  get with the program. We women cannot be leaving the things to the GK and husbands. They ain't always there to help.  It is not hard but it can be scary.

If I can operate a smart TV anyone can. Troupie it will automatically record for you if it has been set up correctly. Usually you need only to push one or two buttons. All smart TV's have the instructions on board so it is just a matter of READING them with the remote in hand.  Give it a go.

I have a friend who cannot even operate her simple phone and she is always pushing the buttons randomly . The she has to wait for her GS aged 12 to come over and fix it. Sometimes she is out of action both on her computer and phone at the same time. The kid goes on holidays and she is hopeless not to mention isolated. she gets in her car and drives around to friends to tell them she can't phone them.  Drives me nuts. Refuses to learn but she can drive a car. Seems to me that a car is harder to learn to drive than a phone or television. We all had to learn the rules once.

Technology has advanced so much and become more intuitive so we mere women should be able to conquer it with very little effort.  The Dummies Books are a good way  to start. I have lots.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #14154 on: July 24, 2015, 12:36:51 am »
Hear Hear, Gert (from a techno dinosaur!)  :D
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14155 on: July 24, 2015, 05:41:04 am »
We don't have a smart TV. Perhaps when this one dies, it's only a couple of years old.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #14156 on: July 24, 2015, 10:35:30 am »
I think we must be like your friend Gert; one thing I can operate and that is a THERMOMIX; no problems there. We only got the smart TV because it was the only one that would fit in the spot available.

Katj it has been school holidays which was the main reason I haven't been on and then a matter of a little test which is all OK now so here I am again but reading these threads I think I might have to go shopping for more powerful glasses or make the print bigger.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #14157 on: July 24, 2015, 10:48:25 am »
It seems to vary in size for me troupie. Some days I can read it easily and other days I almost have to squint.

I had my hair cut this morning and needed to grab some milk. I saw this book and after looking through it I felt that there were quite a few recipes I would make, so I bought it.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14158 on: July 24, 2015, 12:57:06 pm »
It looks a good book Cookie.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #14159 on: August 01, 2015, 08:20:50 am »

Bought a Table cloth that I have been lusting after for some time. Linen and 20% off.