Author Topic: Vienna sausages with red lentils and vegetable casserole - gluten free wheatfree  (Read 5749 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Vienna sausages with red lentils and vegetable curry
Gluten free and wheat free

Score 4 of 5 for a regular weekly meal

We really enjoyed this.  My six year old and I made it together and she was so proud of herself.
I used normal sausages, pricked a few times, and cooked about 4 minutes extra.
The recipe made a large quantity and the lentils and veg was yummy and filling.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the review Cathy, would never have looked the recipe up otherwise.  Sounds like a nice one to try, something a little different with sausages - I'd use some chipolatas I have in the freezer which probably wouldn't need any extra cooking time.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
Sounds nice.  Is this from the gluten free cookbook?  If so, can someone post the recipe, please?  My 4 year old LOVES sausages more than anything  :-))  Oh, and is it a child friendly flavour?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Caroline, I'll pm you the recipe. I am at DD's house and she has that book here.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Definitely a child friendly flavor.  My six year old is highly visual and tactile and doesn't like the look and texture of these sort of things though.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I made this one today, using the beef chipolatas and canned tomatoes.  After the 15 minutes in the varoma, I added them and the beans to the TM bowl and cooked an extra 8 minutes/100o/reverse/speed 2.  I used speed 3 for the first 15 minutes.  Very tasty but needed something else so kept it in the thermosaver (full to the brim) whilst I cooked some diced potato for mash.
This would be a nice recipe to use up some left over BBQ sausages.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
We had this for dinner tonight with meatballs instead of sausages.  They took a little longer to steam, but were quite nice.  I blitzed two slices of bread and a zuchnni up, added the mince and mixed up meatballs first, then proceeded as normal.  Sausages are definitely off the menu at the moment, so this worked well.