Author Topic: Cherry Ripe Mini Cheesecakes  (Read 45412 times)

Offline johnro

• View Profile
Cherry Ripe Mini Cheesecakes
« on: May 21, 2011, 08:58:58 am »
Mini Cheesecakes
Makes 12 mini cheesecakes:
If you are not lucky enough to have 2 bowls be sure to chop cherry ripe and then whip cream prior to commencing beating cream cheese and sugar.
Ingredients:
1pkt (only need 12 biscuits) chocolate, butternut or gingernut biscuits - placed in foil paper in muffin tray - push to base
12 foil muffin papers
250g cream cheese
150g castor sugar
2 tsp gelatine dissolved in 2 tabsp water
200ml thickened cream
additional 100ml cram for decorating
2 tabsp stawberry topping
55g cherry ripe bar - variations are listed below

Preparation: - make castor sugar first if not stored in pantry
1. Chop cherry ripe bar 3 sec speed 5 - set aside. Similarly whip cream 200ml - with butterfly speed 4,  20 - 25 sec - set aside.
2. Beat cream cheese and castor sugar until smooth - 3 mins speed 5-6 - stop and scrape sides bowl during this time.
3. Dissolve gelatine with water - stand in a hot water bath until gelatine has dissolved.
4. Beat gelatine mixture into cream cheese - 20 sec speed 5.
5. Add additional ingredients for chosen variety (see below) - I made cherry ripe cheesecakes today - mix 20 sec speed 5.
6. Add 200ml whipped cream - mix  :-: speed 3 - 30 sec
7. Fill muffin papers to the top - refrigerate until firm - decorate by piping a rosette whipped cream on each - may sprinkle with  extra cherry ripe crumbs.

Variations
Coffee Cheesecake
2 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 tabsp hot water
1 tabsp kahlua or tia maria

Boysenberry Cheesecake
1/2 cup finely chopped canned boysenberries or black cherries
2 tabsp liquid from can

Honeycomb Cheesecake
45g violet crumble bar finely chopped
2 tabsp caramel topping

Orange or lemon Cheesecakes
2 tsp grated orange / lemon rind
2 tabsp orange / lemon juice
1 tabsp tia maria or kahlua

Honey Cheesecake
2 tabsp sultanas soaked in 2 teasp rum
1 tabsp honey

Pineapple Cheesecake
1/2 cup undrained crushed pineapple

Tips/Hints

I cannot acknowledge the original source of this recipe nor the variations - we have been using them with senior hospitality classes forever - please claim ownership so that plagiarism is not an issue

Paper muffin papers are fine - (we use the cheapest brand possible when the hospitality classes do these at school).  The foil paper are a bit sturdier, so with care there is no need for a muffin tin - just place papers on a platter, plus it is a little easier to peel the cheesecakes from the foil.

These take a couple of hours to set and can be made a day in advance.

Members' Comments
KerrynN - I made these for dessert for guests last night and WOW! they were great!

I had planned on using cherry ripes from the box of 50 Cadbury fundraiser bars from school, only to discover that someone  Roll Eyes had already eaten all but one of them, which wasn't enough for the recipe. So we made a last minute swap to crunchies as strangely there were enough of those left.

I have a heap of the silicone muffin cups and decided to use those instead of buying throwaway ones, but... the choc ripple biscuits wouldn't fit into the bottom of the cups. So we crushed the biscuits and mixed them with melted butter, pressed them into the bottom of the cups and baked them for 10 minutes first. Then after they had cooled I added the topping mix.

I used 5 Texas muffin cups for the grown ups, and 4 patty cake size for the kids. I sprinkled crushed Crunchie on top and served them with Easy (40 second) egg free ice-cream http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=3895.0 made with vanilla bean paste. The ice-cream hadn't quite set completely but nobody but me was bothered by that.

Needless to say we will be making these again for sure! We made these again for another set of guests, this time with Cherry Ripe rather than Crunchies. The family's verdict was that the preferred the Crunchie flavour. Either way they were yummy!

foodiepep - They were really lovely.  Unlike maddy, I didn't eat ALL the cherry ripe bars.  I bought 2 packets of the mini ones and hid one packet so there would be enough.

Katiej -  I microwaved the biscuits for a few seconds each to make them softer, so then it's easier to make them fit in the patty pan case. Today I did the original cherry ripe version, but have tried the pineapple and lemon version before and they are also good.  I've also made them plain and spooned lemon curd on top (Tenina's lemon curd recipe), yummy! Thanks again for posting this one.

Wonder - I've made these tonight for a BBQ tomorrow and would like to know if I will be able to peel off the paper case for serving?

johnro - Wonder that is exactly what I did when we did the dessert bar for the wedding.

CP - thank you for this wonderful recipe Johnro. My DD has made these before to take to work, and I made these for our bbq last night and everyone was simply raving about them.

KerrynN - My son would like a cherry ripe cheesecake for his birthday. Does anyone know if this recipe can be made as large cheesecake rather than muffin sized portions, or if any adjustments need to be made?  Update - We tried it. The tin was probably too big for the mixture but it is still fine.

annied - I made this desert for a Melbourne Cup lunch today, PPEERRFFEECCTT! Can not wait to try the other flavours! Thank you.

haybray - Thank you so much for this fantastic recipe. I made the Cherry Ripe and the Honeycomb ones for a Melbourne Cup lunch. Everyone loved them. I used Crunchie instead of Violet Crumble and I would have to say I loved them both but Crunchie was my favourite. This is a really easy recipe and are made so quickly. Will make these very often.

cjdlperry - Sometimes Oreos are cheaper to buy than just the plainer bikkies, and being a little smaller they fit easily in the bottom of the patty cases.  Just as yummy this way. Don't split them - just put them in how they are.  You get a extra layer of creamy at the bottom.  Some of my muffin trays are big & when I use these with the patty cases inside the tin the cheesecake filling can go outside the base of the oreo bikkie but it makes no more mess that a usual one.  If you were wanting to serve them without the patty cases, use a muffin tray that fits the oreo exactly.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:23:14 pm by judydawn »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cherry Ripe Mini Cheesecakes
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 10:09:56 am »
Love a recipe with so many variations Robyn.  Do you just place the biscuit in the botton of the muffin case as a base?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 11:22:06 am »
Yes Judy - give each biscuit a push so that it sits in the bottom of the paper in the muffin tray - I used Arnotts choc ripple today and each cracked as they are thicker than others like gingernuts and butternut snaps.  I will add that to recipe so as to avoid confusion.  They are really quick to whip up - but obviously can't devour immediately as they have to set.  :)  :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 11:41:28 am »
I'm going to give my weekly upholstery class a treat and make these next time it's my turn to provide morning tea.Thanks Robyn.  :-* :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 01:29:11 pm »
They are easily transportable CC - and eating is a even easier (thanks to the muffin papers)  - less messy than making cheesecake slice. Enjoy  :)  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 08:50:06 am »
Robyn I am going to find these hard to resist.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 09:07:12 am »
we went out for dinner one night and the desserts were shaped using the friand tray I guess (the oval shape). Just the right size for a sweet treat after the main course. Thanks Johnro, these recipes will come in very handy  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 09:07:29 am »
Cookie they are oh so easy to eat, unlike a slice of cheesecake where a spoon or cake fork may be needed - sorry forgot that I should be supporting your resistance.......  :D :D :D :D :D
No problem CP - enjoy!!!!!!!!!  :)  :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 09:09:55 am by johnro »

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 01:34:53 pm »
I am embarrassed to say, that I have eaten each and every cherry ripe bar, that I've purposely bought to make these!  :P  I just cant help myself.
I will celebrate when I finally have a picture to post  :-\  one day!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 10:47:44 pm »
Maddy that is funny but very understandable!!!!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 03:09:26 am »
Robyn, I suppose you could use Rara's Cherry Bites in place of the Cherry Ripe Bars?

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 01:39:30 pm »
Judy, in this house, Rara's cherry bites suffer the same fate as Maddy's cherry ripes - never making it to the cheesecake!!!! :)  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 03:04:11 pm »
Willpower Robyn, willpower  ;D ;D

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 03:23:23 pm »
I have willpower ... I WILL eat it  ;D :o
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 12:50:05 am »
I made these for dessert for guests last night and WOW! they were great!

I had planned on using cherry ripes from the box of 50 Cadbury fundraiser bars from school, only to discover that someone  :-)) had already eaten all but one of them, which wasn't enough for the recipe. So we made a last minute swap to crunchies as strangely there were enough of those left.

I have a heap of the silicone muffin cups and decided to use those instead of buying throwaway ones, but... the choc ripple biscuits wouldn't fit into the bottom of the cups. So we crushed the biscuits and mixed them with melted butter, pressed them into the bottom of the cups and baked them for 10 minutes first. Then after they had cooled I added the topping mix.

I used 5 Texas muffin cups for the grown ups, and 4 patty cake size for the kids. I sprinkled crushed Crunchie on top and served them with Easy (40 second) egg free ice-cream http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=3895.0 made with vanilla bean paste. The ice-cream hadn't quite set completely but nobody but me was bothered by that.

Needless to say we will be making these again for sure!
Kerryn