Author Topic: Stir fried beef with red capsicum - A Taste of Asia  (Read 6068 times)

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
Stir fried beef with red capsicum - A Taste of Asia
« on: May 16, 2011, 10:40:39 am »
Had this tonight.
This was a very easy and quick stir fry (as stir fries should be) with the recipe times the vegies were lovely and crisp and perfectly cooked. The sauce was nice. Nothing exciting but a lovely flavour and everyone enjoyed. I would definitely make it again.
There were no 'different' ingredients so a good first foray into the Asia cookbook.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Stir fried beef with red capsicum - A Taste of Asia
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 11:09:36 am »
What cut of beef did you use Zan, no indication given by the recipe  >:( >:(

Seems we are all trying those recipes first which use our normal stocks of Asian ingredients  ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 11:38:56 am »
Judy I used some heart smart round steak that was on special in Woolies this week.
It was pretty tender. But any stir fry type beef would work, or chicken.

LOL I have a couple of asian grocers at the local shops so should have been more adventurous, but the kids all absolutely love capsicum so I thought it was a safe start.
Though you could use any kind of stir fry type veg. But do think the capsicum, carrot, celery combination they chose worked really well.

Offline SusanR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 12:11:10 am »
I tried this recipe last night and though it tasted okay and the vegetables were still nice and crisp the meat was kind of grey and though not exactly tough, firm to the bite in the way I'd expect it would be if prepared by my inlaws for example.  I was a bit sceptical as to whether or not the Thermo was capable of producing a good stir fry and I still am.  No smoke in the kitchen though, as usually occurs when using a wok. Any tips for a more authentic meat texture?:-\