Author Topic: PEPPERMINT ICECREAM  (Read 13903 times)

Offline Karonjulie

• View Profile
PEPPERMINT ICECREAM
« on: January 30, 2009, 10:20:50 am »
PEPPERMINT VANILLA ICE CREAM

2 Eggs
250g cream
250g milk
150g sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp peppermint essense or to taste
few drops of green food colouring
pinich salt
200g dark chocolate (chopped speed 7 for 5 seconds or desired texture)

Place sugar into TM bowl and pulversie for 15 seconds on speed 9.

Placed remaining ingredients, except eggs and chocolate, and whisk for 30 seconds on speed 5.

Reduce to speed 4 and add eggs.  

Cook for 5 minutes on 90 degrees on speed 4.

Pour in steel bowl or pre-cooled tuppaware container and place in freeze for upto 4 hours.

Remove from freezer and pour back into bowl and fold through chocolate with spatula and then mix again on reverse + speed 1 for 10 seconds.

Pour back into container and freeze for upto 12 hours.

Members' comments
Kimmyh - DS5 would like to give you a big hug and kiss karonjulie. He loved this (and so did the rest of us) and thinks it is the best ice-cream I have made. Thanks for a great recipe that's very similar to store bought. Have been told I must make this again.

Wonder - Wow, I made this tonight but fortunately only put half the amount of essence as mine must be stronger than the average. Hopefully it will tone down a little once I add the chocolate in as at the moment it's way too strong.

Cookie1 - If it doesn't tone down perhaps you could make another batch without the essence and mix the two.

Wonder - The chocolate toned it a little bit but it is still too strong for me. It was a request by DD and she thought it was great so hopefully it won't get wasted.

Bedlam - Just made this one, pleased I read your comment wonder. Only needed a few drops of my essence also.  My kids favourite shop bought.

BZB - Made this ice-cream for DS11 - the only mint lover in the house. He likes it.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:25:19 pm by judydawn »

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: PEPPERMINT ICECREAM
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 12:39:04 am »
Sounds very delicious.    :) :) :)

Wonder if you could break thru some Aeros or peppermint crisps at same time as the chocolate?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 10:20:15 am »
Sounds very delicious.    :) :) :)

Wonder if you could break thru some Aeros or peppermint crisps at same time as the chocolate?

ohhh yes even yummier LOL - not to mention the kilojoules!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 01:01:05 am »
LOL - it always seemed to be less of a problem with calories - now you eat 4 times as many kilojoules - IT'S NOT FAIR !!!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 11:26:50 am »
Hmmmm just what the doctor (mum  ;)) ordered... DD has been asking for peppermint choc chip ice cream.... and it here it is! :)

Thanks!  :-*
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 11:18:37 pm »
Going to give this try soon minus the food coloring.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 02:09:31 am »
Just when I'm giving some thought to losing a few kilo's you have to come up with something like this......thanks ;D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 07:49:18 am »
DS5 super happy. He has been begging me to make this flavour for ages. Looks like this is the next icecream we are making ;)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 10:11:49 am »
DS5 would like to give you a big hug and kiss karonjulie. He loved this (and so did the rest of us) and thinks it is the best icecream I have made. Thanks for a great recipe thats very similar to store bought. Have been told I must make this again :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 09:36:39 am »
Wow, I made this tonight but fortunately only put half the amount of essence as mine must be stronger than the average. Hopefully it will tone down a little once I add the chocolate in as at the moment it's way too strong.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 11:38:57 am »
If it doesn't tone down perhaps you could make another batch without the essence and mix the two.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 08:01:34 pm »
The chocolate toned it a little bit but it is still too strong for me. It was a request by DD and she thought it was great so hopefully it won't get wasted. This was the first proper icecream I made in the new ice cream maker and it was great. I put the hot custard straight into the machine and it churned for about 70 mins and it was the consistency of very thick soft serve. dD and DH both had a bowl straight away.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 12:39:16 am »
Just made this one, pleased i read your comment wonder. Only needed a few drops of my essence also. One of my trio of icecream for christmas. My kids favourite shop bought.
Denise

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 03:11:45 am »
I've lost track of how much of this ice cream DD ate during her exam period, I think she survived on it. She likes me to use a teaspoon of the essence but it's too overpowering for the rest of us. I would really like to try the recipe but use fresh mint infused in the milk rather than the essence.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 03:15:46 am »
sounds yummy
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url