Author Topic: Fruity Dream  (Read 26203 times)

Offline Mary Higgins

• View Profile
Fruity Dream
« on: August 30, 2008, 11:44:44 am »
Name of Recipe: Fruity Dream
Number of People: 5
Ingredients:

60g Sugar
300g Frozen Fruit of your choice, chopped and separated before freezing when using larger fruits like melons, bananas, oranges etc
1 Egg White

Preparation:

Place sugar into TM bowl and pulverise for 20 seconds on speed 9.

Add fruits and chop for 10 seconds on speed 8. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.

Insert Butterfly and add egg white and mix for 45 seconds on speed 4 or until you have a soft consistency. This is a soft serve dessert and should be served immediately.

Members' comments
Thermomixer - I have successfully frozen this in ice cube trays & then blitzed on speed 10 to break up, before inserting butterfly and adding more egg white. The frozen blueberries work really well, but the raspberries & mixed berries are not so good - little pips everywhere.

cathy79 - Made this the other day with strawberries.  It is divine!  At only 80c a punnet, I made big dessert bowls for 4 people for about $1.  It would be great served with a chocolate cake instead of ice-cream or cream.

cooking-good-looking - Have I read somewhere that you can substitute the egg whites for this with coconut milk? Froze some coconut milk ice-blocks last night- hoping you can as i am cooking for someone tonight that cant have raw egg... help!!?

Uni - on my leaflet the alternative to egg white is 50g cream/coconut cream.

Tasty - Made this the other week when it was hot here in Perth. It was easy, light and refreshing. I used mainly strawberries and blueberries.

Nikkit - I use frozen mango. I don't add any sugar as the mangos are sweet enough.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 01:43:14 pm by judydawn »

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Fruity Dream
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:07:27 am »
I have successfully frozen this in ice cube trays & then blitzed on speed 10 to break up, before inserting butterfly and adding more egg white.

The frozen blueberries work really well, but the raspberries & mixed berries are not so good - little pips everywhere.

;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 02:10:53 am »
Made this the other day with strawberries.  It is divine!  At only 80c a punnet, I made big dessert bowls for 4 people for about $1.  It would be great served with a chocolate cake instead of icecream or cream.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline cooking-good-looking

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 06:21:27 am »
Have I read somewhere that you can substitute the egg whites for this with coconut milk? Froze some coconut milk iceblocks last night- hoping you can as i am cooking for someone tonight that cant have raw egg... help!!?

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 05:57:11 am »
At the demos here in Tas they sub the egg for coconut cream or coconut milk - approx 60-80g I think. :)
:D

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 06:48:07 am »
on my leaflet

alternative to egg white is 50g cream/coconut cream
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline cooking-good-looking

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 10:47:08 am »
Thanks so much I dot seem to have much luck perfecting sorbet or fruity dream!

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 12:33:10 pm »
Made this the other week when it was hot here in Perth. It was easy, light and refreshing. I used mainly strawberries and blueberries.

Here is a photo:

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Fruity Dream
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 01:05:13 pm »
looks yummy tasty, I've never made it

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 03:19:29 am »
I have just chopped and frozen some nectarines - fingers crossed it works.
Kylie

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 11:25:32 pm »
I use frozen mango. (get them free from a friends orchard, so I take a huge esky and fill it, then come home and spend hours cutting the cheeks off the mangos and freezing them. Tedious, but well worth the effort)
I don't add any sugar as the mangos are sweet enough.
I have even bribed my kids out of bed on hot summer mornings with the call of "who wants mango icecream for breakky?" That gets them out of bed quick smart!