Author Topic: Rara's triple choc muffin tops  (Read 29768 times)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Rara's triple choc muffin tops
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2011, 04:12:53 am »
CP, I too have put my hand on these muffin top tins and then taken it away. I think I may try these in my old fashioned patty pan tin. Each section has a round bottom and they're rather flat. I normally use it for mini quiches.

Good idea - that's what I will do too. I don't really want to buy any more tins and I have two rounded patty pan tins that I never use.  :)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2011, 11:48:03 pm »
Rara, i make these all the time In fact i have some in the oven now before school, so quick & easy to make at the start of the day. DS will take one for recess today as they are just about to come out of the oven.

I like them with white chocoate melts too.

Thanks Rara

Hally :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2011, 01:25:35 am »
CP, I too have put my hand on these muffin top tins and then taken it away. I think I may try these in my old fashioned patty pan tin. Each section has a round bottom and they're rather flat. I normally use it for mini quiches.

Good idea - that's what I will do too. I don't really want to buy any more tins and I have two rounded patty pan tins that I never use.  :)

do you ladies mean like this one

i used to make the brandy snap dessert in it. why did they  stop making the brandy snap biscuits  :(
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Rara1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2011, 01:46:47 pm »
Rara, i make these all the time In fact i have some in the oven now before school, so quick & easy to make at the start of the day. DS will take one for recess today as they are just about to come out of the oven.

I like them with white chocoate melts too.

Thanks Rara

Hally :)

Hi Hally
Just saw this.
Glad you like my muffin tops!!
Great idea with the white choc chips....miss 10 luuuuves white chocolate

do you ladies mean like this one

i used to make the brandy snap dessert in it. why did they  stop making the brandy snap biscuits  :(

Fundj it would work with the patty tins too.  Just cook them for less time.

Rara x

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2012, 11:03:39 am »
Bumping these.

These are fantastic.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline VieveMS

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2012, 06:53:42 am »
Made these today for the first time.  Wow, talk about super easy and quick.  I used my new funny face pans.

Next time I'd do a better job of mixing in the choc chips as my first batch was definitely more chocolatey than my last batch. 

Thanks for the recipe Rara.

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2014, 03:25:11 am »
Just wanted to pop in and say a BIG thank you to Rara for putting me onto these evil muffin top tins. 

I am currently on a day off, enjoying a cup of tea with a warm banana and choc chip muffin top muffin ( or two!) and was reflecting on how I first heard about the muffin top tin.  It was on the Taste TM thread a few years ago, and boy those triple choc muffins are so decadent.

So 'bump' to this thread, and thanks again Rara.

TimTam  :)

Helen from Willetton, Western Australia   |

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2014, 10:37:04 am »
yum, must try these
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2014, 05:10:58 am »
Hi Judy, this recipe I posted on the taste forum a year ago.
They are so easy to make and are requested by family members all the time.
My 4yr niece can't have dairy so I have also been able to successfully convert this without using dairy and refined sugar. I have found dairy free choc chips, used cacoa and agave.
Muffins can be frozen.

What do you use in place of the milk Rara? TIA  :)
:D