Author Topic: Recipe Review - playdough EDC  (Read 6551 times)

Offline pippa

• View Profile
Recipe Review - playdough EDC
« on: February 02, 2011, 09:52:15 am »
Well, I was a bit nervous trying out playdough as I have a fantastic and foolproof microwave recipe, but decided the kids could wait if it didn't work and I had to fall back on my old faithful.....but....it was perfect, possibly even better end result than my microwave recipe, so easy too and even the clean up wasn't too bad: a handful of flour blitzed on speed 10 a couple of times and most of the sticky mess was gone, the rest was just easy to wash up.  10/10

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
Re: Recipe Review - playdough EDC
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 10:15:13 am »
There is a tweaked recipe somewhere on here - that's the one I use and it's great.
(OK stopped being lazy and looked it up on my blog as that's part of the reason I blog, lol!!!)
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1279.0

Offline pippa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 03:40:33 am »
Thanks Zan - I actually did search before posting, but somehow that didn't come up.  No idea why as it has come up this time.  Oh well, it is in both sections now with your link back

Cheers

Offline Vivaroo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 09:09:02 am »
This is great!  Can't believe I've never made playdough before.  I had a small birthday party to attend today, and it was the perfect homemade gift for the 2yo when the mother didn't want anyone making a fuss with lots of presents.  I made another batch for my kids when we got home, and brought out the pasta maker for some fun.  I took a tip off this forum and added a few drops of essential oils.

When I had my demos, there were lots of kids and slightly distracting in my tiny house.  I'm thinking if I were a demonstrator the first thing I'd do is make a batch of playdough to have the kids entertained while adults get down to the serious business of ooohing over powdered sugar.

Offline lozzylooloo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 12:06:08 pm »
Made this today pretty much exactly as per my EDC recipe except I didn't let it cool before adding oil and mixing again (you try explaining waiting to a 3 year old or mummy who wanted to use thermie again ;)

Split dough into three balls and kneaded colour through after. Worked brilliantly - much more easy than my old stovetop recipe. Do remember not to leave thermie - it'll jump!