Author Topic: Seized Chocolate Ice-Cream  (Read 8447 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Seized Chocolate Ice-Cream
« on: January 02, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »
Seized Chocolate Ice-Cream

Ingredients:
Seized Chocolate - however much you've ruined
Frozen chopped bananas

Preparation:
1.  On New Years Eve, have 19 adults and 13 children over for dinner.

2. Melt your chocolate in the thermomix in preparation for putting in a chocolate fountain and lay out your chopped fruit, marshmallows and toothpicks etc.

3.  Once the chocolate is beautifully melted, add a good dash of liquor.  Mix this through, seizing your chocolate, causing you to wonder what on earth you're going to do now.

4.  Taste the mixture and realise that although it looks horrible, it tastes fantastic.

5.  Raid your stash of frozen bananas, chop into large icecube sizes and blend through the chocolate.

6.  Indulge in the praise and admiration from your family and friends as they devour the nicest chocolate ice-cream they've had knowing you made it yourself.  Try to decide whether to tell them what really happened.

7.  Make a note to yourself do to it again when there are less people to share with.

Tips/Hints:
If you don't have frozen bananas, fresh would make a beautiful chocolate mousse.

Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
Re: Seized Chocolate Ice-Cream
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:00:21 am »
Ha ha!!!  You're so clever!!!  Don't tell them it was the result of a mistake - just bask in their admiration and tell them it's a very tricky recipe!!   :D  In the words of Julie Childs, "Perfecto! And even if it isn't, never apologize, no excuses, no explanations!"  ;D ;D ;D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:03:57 am »
Some of our best recipes are as a result of something gone wrong Cathy - glad you remembered how you did it though  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 02:00:46 am »
I needed to make a batch of ice-cream today so thought I'd try this one out Cathy.  Mine turned out perfectly runny and would have be quite OK for your chocolate fountain  :D :D :D  I was waiting for the chocolate to seize once I added a good glug (then another good glug) of Bailey's Irish Cream but no, it wouldn't do it for me.  How's my luck, I want something to go wrong and it didn't  :-)) :-))  I went ahead and added the frozen bananas and it didn't even turn moussey.  It is now in the freezer, hopefully turning into ice-cream.  Tastes good though.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 03:39:27 am »
That's always the way - the mistakes turn out amazing, but you can never do it again!!!  :-))
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 05:28:29 am »
Well done CAthy. You are truly a wonderful TMX owner. :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 06:00:55 am »
I needed to make a batch of ice-cream today so thought I'd try this one out Cathy.  Mine turned out perfectly runny and would have be quite OK for your chocolate fountain  :D :D :D  I was waiting for the chocolate to seize once I added a good glug (then another good glug) of Bailey's Irish Cream but no, it wouldn't do it for me.  How's my luck, I want something to go wrong and it didn't  :-)) :-))  I went ahead and added the frozen bananas and it didn't even turn moussey.  It is now in the freezer, hopefully turning into ice-cream.  Tastes good though.
Judy, I think it also has something to do with the type of alcohol.  I'm not sure exactly what ours was but it was a clear liquid, whereas Baileys is very creamy so looks like it doesn't have the same effect.  You'd know if you seized it up!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 06:34:05 am »
It turned out OK once frozen Cathy so no problems.  I had the choice of Tia Maria, Kahlua, Grand Marnier and Drambui but I had 3 bottles of Baileys so chose that - wrong again  :-)) :-))

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 09:48:13 am »
Blimey JD - wish my alcohol cabinet was so well stocked  ;D ;D ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 10:12:24 am »
It is only so full Katya because I really don't drink as much as everyone thinks  ;D ;D ;D  DH can't drink and very rarely do visitors who pop in want an alcoholic drink, just a coffee does them.  When people come to a meal here they always bring a bottle of wine so my stock just doesn't seem to go down at all.  I am always getting a bottle of Baileys or Brandy from certain people for birthdays etc hence the reason I turned one bottle of brandy into vanilla essence.  Guess it's a nice problem to have  :-))

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 10:20:47 am »
Absolutely JD and I hope you don't think I was inferring you were a lush  :)   We always are well-stocked for wine but seldom have liquers in and I had to buy a small bottle of brandy for our brandy butter this Christmas.   I guess I'm not really a liquer drinker but won't ever say no to wine or champagne.... hic  !    :D :D                         

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 10:29:37 am »
Certainly did not think you were inferring any such thing Katya.  In the early days of the forum when I was trying different cocktails Thermomixer was always having a go at me but it was all in good fun and if I had a drinking buddy I would probably drink more. Just thinking of some of the forum members here who could and would help me out  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 11:09:57 am »
Wish I lived nearer JD and then I'd be over there like a shot....   Mind you, I did say to OH when we were watching one of the Ashes matches (and I promise not to gloat  8)) that I'd love to come over after he retires when the Ashes are in Australia.   

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 11:18:40 am »
Gloat away Katya, they deserve to have their noses rubbed in it.  I'm sure they will come back one day, just not this time.  I am not that much interested in cricket these days, preferred the era of Dennis Lillee, Rodney Marsh etc - now that's showing my age ;)