Author Topic: Honey Mustard Chicken  (Read 179674 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Honey Mustard Chicken
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2011, 07:11:50 am »
 :-* :-* :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2011, 07:53:31 am »
LMT the potatoes are called "Country Potatoes" from my recipe card collection Quick, Light & Delicious.

You take 1 very large potato for 2 servings, peeled or unpeeled.  I hadn't peeled that lot but they do brown a lot more without the skins. Cut each potato in half lengthwise then cut each half diagonally into 5mm thick slices, keeping the slices together.  Using an egg lifter, place each half onto a sprayed baking sheet. Press lightly with your fingers to 'fan' the slices.
Ingredients per full potato - 1 tsp melted margarine or butter. 1/4 tsp oil, 1 tspn shredded basil or parsley, 1 tblspn fresh breadcrumbs, 1 tblspn grated parmesan.
In a small bowl combine the margarine, oil and basil/parsley.  Mix well and brush evenly over potatoes. Bake for 30 mins in a 200oC preheated oven.
In a second small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and drizzle of water (only about 1/8th tspn for 2 potatoes). Mix well and sprinkle evenly over the now almost cooked potatoes.  Continue baking until browned and tender, about 10-15 mins.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2011, 07:03:56 pm »
Oh goody more spud recipes for the DH.Thanks Judy. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline em

• Me and my little spiderman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2011, 03:11:43 am »
we love this recipe and am going to attempt to double the recipe for visitors tonight. will let you know how that goes
Emma from Victoria

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2011, 05:04:02 am »
I call those potatoes "Hasselback Potatoes", JD, they're delicious!

I'm planning to make this sauce tonight as I have some chicken tornadoes and was looking for a nice sauce to go with them.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am »
I put a bit too much honey in and it was too sweet for me, so I put in a glug of my Special Salad Dressing which has mustard seeds in and this made it wonderful!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 11:53:58 am by meganjane »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2011, 12:57:53 pm »
Thanks MJ, how long does the dressing usually last for in the fridge?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2011, 08:21:51 am »

I tried this recipe last month and we liked it
Thank you for sharing  :-*

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2011, 10:51:01 am »
I made just the sauce to serve over pork fillet tonight.  Mine too was a little green from using my veg stock concentrate which is quite green, loved the flavour and will reduce the honey just a tad next time, but we thoroughly enjoyed it.  Maybe I will just use bought veg stock next time instead of concentrate and water just so it looks better.  :-))  Thanks for the recipe.  ;D

Offline NatMc

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2011, 05:39:57 am »
This was so easy and tasted great. Liked by the whole family.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2011, 10:45:26 pm »
Turned this into Curried scallops by reducing honey to 1/2 , and adding 2 teaspoons of curry powder. Popped scallops in after making the sauce, and cooked for 5 mins. On reverse gentle.  Also added some sliced mushrooms.

I made this last night with scallops, it was the best curried scallops we had ever had  ;D

I didn't use any honey, and added 2 teaspoons of curry powder (instead of mustard) and added the scallops and cooked for 9 minutes 100deg  :-:  ^^
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline bigTcup

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2011, 03:17:13 pm »
Really enjoyed this one.  Not something I would ever have thought to cook pre TMX & I don't like mustard.  Kids loved it, DH loved it.  Also, I didn't have any cream so I used Quirky Cookings cream substitute (cashew cream).  It was the first time I have made the cashew cream & was really happy with it.
Thermomix Consultant - Perth, WA
Facebook: Jeanette & Thermomix

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2011, 12:26:27 pm »
Had this for tea last night. Was fantastic, another for the regular recipe folder.  Yvette, my meal had a very slight green tinge to it, so I don't know how deep yours was but mine was only slight.  I just loved this, as did DH,  and have taken note of all the other things you could do with it, like fillings for crepe, omelet etc. I thought as a sauce without the chicken, it would be nice on crumbed pork chops. I just love this forum.   

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2011, 12:48:53 pm »
Mine tonight was very yellow, think I added a bit more turmeric. My vegie stock concentrate is very green.
should have taken a photo.
Also used wine instead of water, added garlic and mushrooms. Oh and a bit more mustard as we all wanted it stronger.
Love the idea of the cashew cream substitute, must try that.
Still a winner in our house.

Offline liccyj

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2011, 10:50:47 am »
I made this tonight and it was a winner, just served with chicken and green beans, it was delicious, a little too much sauce so might reduce water content next time. thanks to the forum for new dinner ideas :)